Chapter 5

"Molepaw." molepaw groaned and protested, "only five for minutes!!" "no." the voice replied. Molepaw opened his eyes and realized that he was dreaming. He comtinued to be in shock when a beautiful white and brown she-cat with a black tail tip and blue eyes. The she-cat dipped her head and said, "greetings Molepaw." "hi." molepaw answered back.

"I bet your wondering who I am." Molepaw nodded. "my name is duskflight. I was Hawkstar's mother." molepaw's eyes grew wide with shock. "I have come to give you a message." molepaw was still shocked but didn't say anything. "once you make the right choices for a cat, all will be made clear." and with that Duskflight vanished and Molepaw awoke in the apprentices den.

He shivered, what an honor to be given a message from a starclan cat, but why him? Molepaw shook his head and went out of the apprentices den to see Spiritpaw at the fresh-kill pile looking confused.

Molepaw went over to Spiritpaw and said in her ear, "if your confused about why Skillpelt left, I am sorry to say but the rest of the clan is happy." "it's not that!" Spiritpaw snapped. Molepaw jumped back a little at her sharpness but recovered instantly. "Sorry." Spiritpaw muttered. "it's ok." "it's just that, well, could we go somewhere quiet?" "sure." I answered.

Spiritpaw and Molepaw went into the forest and ended up in a clearing a little ways by the Frosted Trees. The clearing was covered with leaves and no one could see them. Molepaw sat down and asked, "what's wrong?" Spiritpaw sat down too and said, "last night I had a dream and Stonestar came to me and he told me this 'once you make the right choice for one cat, all will be made clear."

"I got that same dream but it was Duskflight, Hawkstar's mother." "why us?" "I don't know. Let's go ask Redsky." "you sure Molepaw?" "positive. He may be able to help us." Spiritpaw shrugged and replied, "ok. But you're going to be the one asking." "ok. Now let's go!

Molepaw and Spiritpaw headed toward Redsky's den. Redsky was the medicine cat of the clan. Molepaw entered the den with Spiritpaw on his tail. "Redsky?" called Molepaw. "yes? What is it? Is someone hurt?" answered Redsky coming from where he stored his herbs.

"err. No. We have a question for you." Redsky sat down and Molepaw and Spiritpaw sat in front of him. Then Molepaw told Redsky the dream that him and Spiritpaw had had.

After Molepaw had finished, Redsky was silent for a moment. Finally after what seemed like five mintues Redsky answered, "It seems that you two have been chosen to choose another

cats destiny." "but why two apprentices?" protested Spiritpaw. "Only Starclan knows small

one, but for now, I suggest you two go out training." he answered and gestured with his tail

to where Seednose and Silverclaw were waiting.

"Thanks Redsky." stated Molepaw. Redsky dipped his head and turned back to where he stored his herbs.

Molepaw was silent for a moment then exclaimed, "I had the same dream but Duskflight came to me!" Spiritpaw stared at Molepaw in shock. "but if we received the same dream, what does it mean? And why apprentices?"