Chapter 3

"Enna, I think you've actually lost it this time." Sayo looked at me worriedly. The other five people stood off to the side, testing their new powers as Sayo and I talked.

"No, you have to trust me, it's my power."

"Listen, I can't trust you unless you tell what's happening. I don't even know your power."

That was true. I'd been so caught up in my thoughts I'd forgotten to share them. "My power!" I told her, "I know what it is. Whenever I touch the stone I see a map. I can't control it like you guys, so it just shows up with whatever I need. I saw a map. It was... the world. Other islands. Huge continents. There's other land, Sayo!"

"If that's true, we have to tell the village."

"Let's go!" I started to run back, only to run right into Ferne. "Sorry", I said, embarrassed.

"It's fine. But I think that if you're going to tell the village about your powers, we should, too. They've been searching everyone for powers the whole day," Ferne said gently.

"Wait, what? How did they know?"

"Tom must've told the people taking care of him in the hotel because word got out as soon as he went missing that six people were given powers, but only one would change the world."

"Wait, but we're seven people. How does that make any sense?"

"I don't know, but I think that your power is important since your the only one without element powers."

"Alright, let's go tell them."

. . .

Soon there was a crowd around us. Mishal had just gone and said that we had powers, and now we couldn't even move, we were so crowded. Questions filled the air, until the head of the village came over.

"You really enjoy the attention, don't you?" One woman scoffed, her head held high.

"Um..." I had no clue how to answer that. I hated this, but I couldn't just say that, or else the village would think that I hated them, which I didn't. So I just shrugged.

"Alright, which one of you doesn't have power?"

No one moved.

"I need to know which six have powers."

Ara spoke, "We all have powers, sir."

"Hm. Well then demonstrate."

Ferne made a bush grow into a tree. Ara made the water splash over the tree, and at the same time, Isolde froze it, freezing the tree. Mishal lit it on fire, causing an eruption of chaos until Ara splashed water over it. Rai used his power to cause a thunderstorm, setting the tree on fire (again) with lightning.

"Seriously?" Ara looked annoyed. She put out the fire again. At this point, all the leaves were burnt and dead. Sayo used her power to blow away all the dead leave, and Ferne fixed up the tree again.

"Well then, I guess that enough of an example. How about you, Sienna Lostin? What can you do?"

I held out my stone and saw the map again. "I can't show you, so you'll have to trust me. I can see the world, like in maps. I see other places, not just our island. Other people." I put my stone in my pocket. "So, uh, I think we should leave the island."

Some people got mad and started yelling, some people were scared, and most people were just confused.

"We don't have any proof of this power."
"That's why you'll have to trust me, sir."
"I don't believe we can set the fate of an entire island into the hands of a girl who lies."