The Lady of Light

I apologized for the long wait. I had a bad case of writer's block but hopefully I will make chapters that won't last a year to make. Thank you and enjoy.

Warning: Mentions of suicide and self-harm.

~~~~~~~

As the sun set and sky filled with stars as night approached, Elizabeth walked beside Aragorn to Celeborn's chamber, Caras Galadhon. The Fellowship steps onto a wide fleet filled with a soft light. The walls are green and silver, the roof gold and in its midst is the trunk of the mighty Mallorn Tree, now tapering toward its crown.

Celeborn steps forward to greet the guests. His hair is long and silver, his face grave and beautiful, with no sign of age upon it. Next to him stands Galadriel, the Lady of the Elves. She has hair of deep gold and timeless unsurpassed beauty.

Celeborn looks hard at Aragorn... and says, "The enemy knows you have entered here. What hope you had in secrecy is now gone. Nine there are here, yet ten there were set out from Rivendell. Tell me, where is Gandalf? For I, much desire to speak with him. I can no longer see him from afar."

Frodo looks at Galadriel, standing silently beside Celeborn. With the memory of Gandalf's fall still fresh in his mind.

Galadriel softly aloud, "Gandalf the Grey did not pass the borders of this land. He has fallen into Shadow."

"He was taken by both Shadow and flame. A Balrog of Morgoth. For we went needlessly into the net of Moria." Legolas stated. The Fellowship bow their heads in sadness at the memory of Gandalf.

Celeborn appears surprised but listens to what Galadriel had to say.

"Needless were none of the deeds of Gandalf in life. We do not yet know his full purpose." Galadriel surveys the face of the Fellowship.

Gimli looks up as Galadriel addresses him, "Do not let the great emptiness of Khazad-dûm fill your heart Gimli, son of Glóin. For the world has grown full of peril, and in all lands, love is now mingled with grief."

Galadriel looks over the Fellowship again to meet her gaze with Boromir's. Boromir is suddenly fearful and nervous. Galadriel's eyes piercing Boromir. Boromir turns away from her. Galadriel's gaze remains on him for a moment before turning to Celeborn.

Celeborn cooly asked, "What now becomes of this Fellowship? Without Gandalf, hope is lost."

Galadriel looks at Aragorn. "The quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little and it will fail, to the ruin of all... Yet hope remains while the company is true." Galadriel's eyes settle on Sam. "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Go now and rest, for you are weary with sorrow and much toil." Galadriel's eyes turn to Frodo ... her voice fades. "Tonight you will sleep in peace."

~~~~~

Gimli, Legolas, Merry, Pippin, Frodo, and Sam are in a pavilion set among the trees near the fountain. They lie on soft couches as elves leave food and wine for them. Mournful singing drifts down from the trees above.

"A lament for Gandalf..." Legolas mourned.

"What do they say about him?" Merry asked quietly.

"I have not the heart to tell you. For me, the grief is still too near." Legolas said to the hobbit, eyes filled with sorrow.

Elizabeth watched from the side observing the hobbits as they talked about Gandalf's fireworks, Gimli smoking in silence, Legolas walking around trying to fully understand his grief for his fallen friend and the two men from Gondor hope to see the White City, Minas Tirth shine brighter than ever before. But Elizabeth can see Aragorn's disquiet sadness for his home, his country.

Elizabeth sighed and looked away, she knew how to deal with her grief and knew not everyone was going to make it to the finish line but never expected for Gandalf, their leader, to be the first to fall but all things happen for a reason.

Once everyone falls asleep Elizabeth is wide awake in her colt and for memories will not leave her tonight. She gets up and walks towards the edge, Elizabeth sits alone with only the first layer of clothing on and one of her many guns, but this one is a special one. Its true master is one Captain Jack Sparrow, before she left he handed the gun to her for safekeeping and to hold on to and remember an important person in their life. This gun was made by Will Turner and it's been in good care for the last hundred years or so.

She heard his footsteps before he sat next to her, "May I ask why you are still awake?" Aragorn asked.

"Memories of old..."

"Tell me please."

"The last time I felt this type of grief was a long time ago but at the sametime it's not as strong as I thought." Elizabeth huffed, "Or maybe I have truly forgotten how to feel... I was once young and naive but wanted more than I could understand. I fought for it but because of that I lost more and when I lost him, nothing could fill the void in my heart and soul. Then I stopped..." Aragorn sat next to her listening and for the first time watching her sobbed in pain. "I stop caring. I stop believing. I stopped living and now it is all coming back. What does that mean?" She clings to the gun as if it's her only lifeline, she has spent many years pushing her emotions back ever since she lost her child and Will.

"...I want to know."

Aragorn pulled Elizabeth into his arms to let her cry it out, for it seems she has been in pain and holding it in for such a long time. After a while Elizabeth calmed down and went back to her normal self or as normal it was for her. The heir ran a hand down his partner's hair as she slowed down her breathing. To others it looks like she fell asleep on Aragorn's shoulder but to those who know her she's meditating, a technique she learned back in her world from her 'people' that she worked with before. The technique is called Journey, it pulls her into a state to relax her mind when her emotions get too wild for her, it helps with pressure and exhaustion. Elizabeth mostly pictures herself on the Black Pearl with Will and their kids or sometimes she's alone in a different place or with Aragorn and the rangers in the Wild North and most recently she sees a certain elf prince who just waits with his hand out ready for her to take it.

"At least you didn't go to the extreme unlike last time."

"I did apologize for that. Not my fault you all weren't used to my guns and here I thought you were."

"Welcome back to the living. Water, air, earth, or fire?"

"A mix of water and fire."

Elizabeth and Aragorn now have a system whenever one of them needs to sleep or meditite, it's been working for some time now. They use the elements to get an idea of what the other was thinking about. They made this system about a year ago when Elizabeth shot herself with one of her many guns. She told Aragorn some details about her life and vice versa and so they are closer than ever.

"Thank you."

"You would do the same for me."