Where Am I?

Chapter Four

Where am I?

I jumped up from my chair.  He stood up too, slowly, though.  His head was hung, and I couldn’t see what he was staring at so intently.  He looked up at me and it was horrible.  His flawless tanned skin had turned into mottled purple scales.  His bright green eyes had turned into dark, unforgiving, opaque black orbs, and they had no pupils, well that I could see, anyways.  He grew three extra arms out of his shoulders, and his ears grew really long, slender, and pointed.  He grew a pair of fangs on the top and bottom, and the only reason I knew this is because he snarled at me in an almost . . . playful way.

I backed away, frightened.  I opened my mouth like a fishes, and then closed again.  I had a huge lump in my throat, and it blocked any attempt of screaming.  I kept backing up until I hit a table.  Finally, the lump in my throat let through a few whimpers and squeaks.

Ernie had stepped into the back room, so I was all alone with this monster.  The lump started to dissolve, and I felt tears flood my eyes.

Soon I was full on sobbing.  My body was shaking, and I could not see a thing through my haze of tears, I couldn’t hear anything through the sobs.  Then I realized something was wrong.  I opened my eyes to see a field.  The long grass was tickling my ankles.  It was covered in sweet smelling flowers.  I looked to right and saw a huge castle.  It was magnificently built, with elegant spires, and delicate detail work.  It was gorgeous. 

I lifted my arm to wipe the tears off my face, and saw that I was wearing a purple silk renaissance style dress.  I took a closer look, and realized that it had more a bustle styled skirt, though, which looks a little and the bodice was beautiful.  It had tiny seed pearls, colored rocks, and metallic thread all sewn in a pattern that complimented my body style.  It was more floral than anything, but I’m not quite sure what the design really is.

Where was I?

I heard a noise, and I looked to my left.  I saw a man.  He had black hair, and was nice and tall.  He turned around and I saw high cheekbones full, sensuous lips, and a straight nose.  He also had shocking silver eyes.  He seemed very familiar, although I couldn’t place where I could have seen him before.

I walked towards him, hoping to get some answers.  The grass tickled my bare soles, and I was careful not to crush the beautiful flowers with my feet.  When I got closer to him I saw teardrops running down his face.  He was faced to the side, and his face was hard, the tears trickling slowly and constantly down his face.  I got closer to him, my hands clasped to my chest.

“Are you okay?”  The tears just continued to flow from his eyes.

“Hello?”  I was right next to him now.  I reached out to tap him on the shoulder, and then pulled back.  After all, what if he was ignoring me for a reason.

“Are you okay?”  I seemed to elicit a reaction from him, as I saw his hand rise.  All he did was wipe his eyes.  Okay, I was starting to get angry with him.  I raised my hand to tap him on the shoulder, again, but this time no hesitation.  My hand came down hard.  Then my hand flew past his shoulder.  It was weird because I could have sworn I was dead-on.  I put it out of my mind, and went to wave my hand in front of his face.  All he did was blink.

“Um, hello?” God, this guy was pissing me off.  I’m right here, dude.  Answer me!  All he did was blink really hard and long.  Now, I am officially mad.

I went in to poke him again, and missed, again!  What is with my aim today?  He shifted away from me, turning around.  What, did I know have a disease?  Seriously, what was his problem?