The Note(s)

Chapter Two 

The Note(s) 

"L-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a! Get up, Lia, get up!" I groaned. Ariell is my little sister, and the most annoying alarm clock you have ever heard. 

"I'm up, I'm up! Just go away!" I heard her giggle and walk away. I sat up, and rubbed my eyes. It is unnatural for anyone to be perky this time of morning. I was the perkiest person I knew, too. Therefore I conclude that it is impossible, for anyone to be perky at this time in the morning. I sauntered over to my closet, shrugged on my favorite pair of jeans and added my cami and my favorite off-the-shoulder top. I slicked on some lip-gloss, added some mascara, and headed out the door. 

I stopped in the kitchen to grab some food, more cereal, when I noticed both of my parents in the room. They looked over at me and grimaced in unison. Dad stood up and come over to me. 

"Hey, kiddo, I have some news for you." 

I put my hand up to cover my still full mouth and asked, "What?" 

"A few months ago, I was offered a job at a high paying company, and we have decided to take it." 

"That's great daddy," yes, I still call him daddy. Get over it. "What's so bad about that?" 

He didn't deny that there was bad news, and I started to get worried. "Honey, we are going to move. In three days." 

I opened my mouth in shock. "That quick? Dad it usually takes months to even plan . . . that was why you were waiting to tell me. Am I right?" He looked miserable, and I took that as a yes. "You know, you could have told me, I thought we were over that don't trust the teenage daughter thing. I never lie to you! Why would you lie to me?" 

He just steeled his expression, and looked away saying, "We start packing today. We already have the house picked out, your new school has put you in the system, and it's right next to the forest. Not the meek forest outside of here, but a real forest." Okay, no matter how pissed off I was that sounded pretty cool. 

The coolness was soon forgotten, though. "Great, bye." I walked out the door with tears in my eyes. I headed over to school. I was a walker because my parents were trying to go green, so I walked to school, and it wasn't far away, so I was fine. 

Usually on this walk to and from school I was free from sound and disturbances, and the walk took me next to the forest. I always have loved to forest. I feel at home in it. Especially in summer. Summer is my favorite season. Not because there is no school, I just feel drawn to it.  

And this new school thing just added to the stress. All I could think about is telling people how to properly pronounce my name, and having them snicker at me. I was going to be miserable. And how could my parents do that to me. At least I would have been able to warn my friends. Arg! I am so mad at my parents. And for a justifiable reason, too. 

I reached school, just in time for Sorcha to come bouncing over. 

"I have some bad news." 

She sniffed. "Other than you hanging up on me?" She smiled, so I could tell she wasn't that mad anymore. "Oh, and nice haircut slash dye job!" She gave me a little thumbs up. 

"Nah, though I'm sorry about that. My dad has been going behind my back for, like, three whole months. And he just now decided to tell me we're moving. In three days. And thank you." 

Sorcha's face went blank, and she grabbed my shoulders. "You can't move, you just can't! Not only will you ruin a friendship bordering on six years, you risk losing our invaluable friendship, because everyone knows that if you leave your friends, then you grow apart! How will daddy pick you up?"