California Sky

Here it is guys!! Months and months of planning and I didn't think it would ever happen. ENJOY LOVES <3

Sadly Greyson will not show up in this chapter...he will though. It won't take long! I promise.

 ♒♫♒

California Sky

"Hey, you! With the face!"

Everybody with a face turned to the direction of the voice, and I chuckled when I saw Alea, or Alli, my best friend since first grade. Of course, that'd be the first thing she'd say to people when school started again.

She moved about half a foot per second, trying to get to me through everybody else.

No exaggeration intended.

That was the pace everybody was going. The new school year started in two days, and everyone was supposed to come early to unpack and get settled in their dorms. Their things would need to last them the whole one hundred eighty-something days, so everyone lugged five suitcases at the least, excluding bags. Not only that, but there was also their instruments, music sheets, stands, stereos, and anything else that had to do with their activity. Oh, let's not forget the furniture too.

The California School for Knowledgeable Youths, or California SKY --located in Northern California -- was one of the best boarding schools in the nation. It's always been in the top ten and made the top three last year. This was a school you had to audition for to get in. Simply, if you were very talented at something, whether it had to do with performing arts, sports, or anything else, you could audition and if you get accepted, you're in. 95% of students did something that had to do with the arts, and they did sports for a bonus, because everyone who went here was required to. It didn't only have to be people who played instruments, acted or danced. You could just be somebody like a stage director, cover artist, etc. If you get accepted after your first audition, you don't have to audition for the rest of the years if you choose to go there again.

I was in a family involved with everything that had to do with the performing arts. Both my parents are in the southern part of California, teaching instruments and subjects in the university. My aunts and uncles are in other states, also teaching instruments, acting, dancing, or anything else, really. However, our head of this school? My mom's sister, Vanessa, AKA my aunt/guardian. I auditioned for my freshman year and got in. If I hadn't though, Aunt V would've still accepted. And now I was spending my very last high school year here.

Back to reality; Alli had finally made it to me and was now panting.

"Damn, I hate this part of the year. But I love rearranging everything. I can't wait to see our dorm!"

"Me too, let's go."

I gripped my two medium-sized suitcases, one in each hand, and started walking. On my shoulder I had a shoulder bag, on my head I had a pair of sunglasses, around my neck was my Canon Rebel T3i camera, and hanging on my back was a guitar. That was just the jiff of the things I had.

It was pretty hard to gain weight if you went to school here. Your classes could be a 5-10 minute walk away. Thus, California Sky had practically EVERYTHING. All the class buildings, music buildings, auditoriums, gyms, pools, small shops and cafes, outdoor seating for lunch, the list went on and on. It was also pretty amazing that there were several recording studios too.

California Sky really was one of the best. And I was proud to be going here. But all in honesty, I've visited this place since I was a tiny kid.

It took forever to walk across the whole campus, but we finally made it to one of the girls' dorms of the five total: The Melodic, Harminous, Acapellous, Celesta, and Waltza buildings. Alli and I were in the Harminous dorms. Nearby were the boys dorms too: The Appollo, Falsetto, Quadrille, Ensemble, and Minueto buildings.