1

Shayla POV

Sitting here scrolling Instagram wishing I looked like some of those Instagram models I follow blocking out the sound of my stomach growling due to the fact that I haven't ate in two days because I rather feed my 3 year old sister Skyla the little food we did have. We lived in a 2 bedroom apartment in the projects of Pine Bluff, Ar. My mother left us when her boyfriend didn't want her if she brought us with her, she seen that I was turning 18 this year so she just up and left. Even before I always looked after myself and 3 years ago when Skyla was born it was more added to my plate. We didn't know who our father was Amanda (My mother) never really mentioned him before.

Skyla above

Skyla above

As I wait on Skyla to exit Ms.Parker Car I noticed a man sitting on the hood of his blue Jeep talking on the phone speaking to whoever it was with so much anger. I hated living in the projects but the rent was paid up until I turned 18 and graduate in May so I had to take advantage of that before I would have to move and find another place to stay for me and Skyla. Ms.Parker lived in our building and made sure Sky got a ride to daycare and back to me because her daycare was so far away and I couldn't manage Walking her and making it to school on time myself. I said thanks to Ms. Parker and went back to our apartment hoping Skyla wasn't hungry right now.

What do you guys think so far??? Interesting story?? My first one..... Leave Comments 😘