(REWRITTEN) Just Another Chance- Lloyd

As requested by: @MintyMagic74

Y/N will be referred to as they/their/them.

The day was absolutely gorgeous. Sun shined brightly above Ninjago City, birds chirped songs of the gods, and it was just wholely a beautiful day to enjoy.

The park had become quite a popular spot to hangout. Numerous figures and personalities showed up. Students from the nearby universities gathered around in groups puzzling over this week's assignments. Families  sat about on their little picnic mats of colors of the rainbow with the children enjoying life as if there was nothing wrong in the world.

Y/N walked around, enjoying the view. They dazzled over the golden rays of the sun descending upon the ground, slipping through the leaves of the trees. The little petals of the sakura trees falling ever gracefully as the wind blew.

Y/N decided on a bench on the rather far side of the park. There everything remained silent and serene as the day progressed. Only a few couples wandered about, holding hands and marvelling at the beauty of the day. Others sat on the grass, cuddling and whispering sweet nothings into each others hearing organs. As sweet and sickeningly adorable everything was, Y/N grew spiteful of the lovey dovey around them.  They rolled their eyes at the couples strewn about cuddling and acting as if nothing was wrong in the world.

A crowd started to gather in one of the park's many entrances. Numerous people gathered, phones in hand and chattered away. Y/N grew curious and made their way to the crowd. A fair amount of people already gathered around who or what entered the park. Y/N struggled to get a view amongst the evergrowing sea of people, but they caught a glimpse of what people were swooning over.

The slightest glimpse of a green jacket and blonde hair were enough to displease Y/N. They didn't want to make assumptions on who this mystery celebrity was, but they didn't want to be so overly careless as well. As others started to exit and go about their day, Y/N got a clearer look at the mysterious personality. Plantinum blonde hair that rivaled sun kissed snow, green eyes that sparkled like the most valuable and precious of emeralds and were greener than the world's evergreen forests, and that goddamned green jacket with that unmistakable logo.

It was unmistakable and undeniable at this point. Mysterious celebrity was and will forevermore be Lloyd Garmadon, the Green Ninja.

Oh but not just the Green Ninja to Y/N, but the one who broke their heart. The one who inadvertently gave so little and received so much. The one who took everything Y/N gave for granted and traded it for something he thought was more valuable. The one who struck gold and all the crown jewels yet settled for invaluable stone and dirt.

Y/N's expression soured and as quick as a fox, they retreated away from the crowd. Lloyd caught sight of the figure before they ran. The eyes that spoke a thousand words and hurt tenfold, the hair that flowed so gracefully in the wind and one could run their fingers through, and that expression. The one expression that shattered not only his heart but their's as well.

Without hesitation, Lloyd barged through the crowd and went after Y/N. The others shot looks of confusion but shrugged it off as some emergency the legendary Green Ninja had to attend to.

Y/N ran away into the most secluded part of the park. Tears started to fall on their cheeks as all the memories came flooding in. All the heartache and pain started to hit them like individual knives twisting themesleves deeper into the wound.

Sets of footsteps interrupted Y/N's crying session. Footsteps that very much belonged to the Green Ninja. Y/N composed themselves and wiped their tears before looking up. Their sadness turned into anger and rage at the figure in green that stood over them, his eyebrows furrowed in concern as his eyes spoke so many emotions.

"What do you want?" Y/N asked.

"Y/N," Lloyd said, "I came here to say sorry."

"Sorry?" Y/N said. "Sorry? What good is your sorry going to do? Bring back the 'old days'? Bring back the dead?"

Lloyd remained silent as tears welled up in his eyes. Tears rolled down Y/N's cheeks as the conversation continued.

"Your little sorry means nothing, Garmadon," Y/N said. "You lost what you lost, and there is nothing you could do to get it back."

"Look, I know it won't bring anything back, but," Lloyd replied.

"But what?"

"Why can't we give it another chance?"

Those words hit Y/N like a tidal wave. Another chance? Y/N went silent as Lloyd looked at them with the slightest glimmer of hope and determination in those emerald green eyes of his. But, Y/N's spoke differently. Y/N's eyes were that of regret and pain. Those that endured so much for what it's worth and those that suffered too much than what it could take.

"Another chance?" Y/N looked at Lloyd again. "Listen to yourself."

Lloyd didn't reply.

"Lloyd, nothing will ever be the same as it once was. There won't be any re-living of past memories," Y/N said. "Nothing will ever be the same. It will all just end up hurting you and me."

"But-"

"No compromises, Garmadon," Y/N interrupted. "Spare me the heartbreak and the pain, and spare yourself the false hope."

Y/N wiped her eyes and sighed. They took one last good look at the ninja, his eyes red and cheeks tear-stained. They shook their head and started to walk away, leaving the Green Ninja under a sakura tree as its leaves fell down upon him. He looked back at Y/N as they slowly faded into the distance. The regret and pain slowly eating him up.

In the distance, Y/N stopped, turning back at the place they left Lloyd. The sorrow and heartbreak returning, yet there remained that sense of hope and joy that loomed over them. That feeling of wanting to go back. That ever familiar feeling to want to experience all the good times of the past, but Y/N knew better.

All these were illusions of the heartbreak and unbearable suffering that transpired. All these were just illusions and euphemisms of the past.