Chapter 4

VIC'S POV

"Where's Anna?" Mike asked me.

"She dumped me" I announced.

Before I knew it, I was on the floor of my own house underneath Mel, getting my face, stomach, and balls smashed in by her fists and knees.

"You giant ass fuck! You douchebag waste of Mexican air! I can't even!"

"Melania!" dad yelled "Don't make me call your folks"

"Do it, tio. Do it! No me importa!" she screamed. 

Jaime, Tony, and Mike worked together to pull her off of me. They won and Jaime grabbed her tightly, keeping her sealed to him.

"Talk" Mel demanded "No don't, I'll just hurt you again"

"Let him explain" Jaime said.

"She's mad that I'm not going back to school"

"You're not what, Victor?" mom overheard.

"Later, mom!" he shouted.

"Bro" Mike said.

"Oh, like you are?" I asked him.

"I have to, I'm not 18 yet" he replied.

"Like that's ever stopped you from doing anything?"

"Shut up, this is about you" Mel interrupted.

"I just don't think that I can juggle it all" I admitted.

"That makes sense, but really..." Tony said.

"Will you please talk to her?" I begged Mel. She shook her head no.

"Please?" Jaime reinforced. She still disagreed.

"I'm gonna talk to her, but not for any of you" she admitted.

She wriggled free of Jaime's hold and marched out of the house. I'm fucked, and not in a good way.

ANNA'S POV

Mel stormed into my house just as I was getting ready to leave. Mom left her car here so I was going to go get myself some breakup snakcs and movies but I guess that wasn't on the agenda anymore.

"Come to me" Mel squeezed me against her boobs "There, there baby"

I cried against her and she just hugged me. I half expected her to take his side because they're family but I like that she was on the fucked over best friend's side. Eventually I ran out of tears and she took the keys from me. 

"Oh no, you're not driving the Audi" I told her. 

"I'll be careful" she smiled. 

I sighed and we got in the car. It was one in the morning but the grocery store was still open. She grabbed a shopping cart and headed straight to the candy aisle. 

"Grab anything and everything. Tonight we feast" she announced. 

We both filled the car with our favorites before moving on to ice cream and other junk food. She paid for everthing and we took the bags out to the car. Mel drove back to my house and we took the food to my room and ate it all. I was feeling slightly better, definitely wasn't taking Vic back.

Later when we woke up, I remembered everything. I shoved Mel and she got up too. I don't even remember falling asleep. 

"Fuuuuuuuck" she groaned. 

"I know"

"Are we hungover?" she asked. 

"Nah, food coma" 

"Same thing..."

I went upstairs to pee and found a note from mom in the kitchen. She wanted to take Vic and I out for dinner tonight. Oh no, no, no, no. I immediately called her at worked.

"Hi" she said happily.

"Your note, that's not happening. I have to get  back to school early"

"Aww, I didn't even get to see you" 

"I'll come back soon" I promised her.

"Take the car" she said. 

"What? Don't you need it?"

"I got a promotion at work with an advance check, I'll get a new car. It's high time you had one for yourself. Take it, seriously"

"Okay, mom. Love you"

We hung up and I did a little happy dance that Mel walked in on. 

"Mom is letting me take the car. I'm gonna get going before Vic has a chance to find me"

We quickly got out to the car and I smiled bigger because we got away with no problems. I dropped Mel off at her house and we embraced in a never-ending hug.

"You'll be okay, right?"

"Of course" I told her "I'll come visit soon, I really will"

"Call me when you're back at school"

"Okay, mom" I joked. 

We hugged again before I got in the car and drove back to school. I pcked up a parking permit before going up to the suite. None of my roommated were home yet; perfect. I curled up on my bed and turned on my little TV, slipping into distracted bliss.