Chapter 3

Thank god Mel wasn't driving because I really wasn't in the mood to die tonight. Vic and I were cuddled up in the back seat of the car while Mel sat grumpily up in the front passenger seat. 

"So how's school?" I asked them.

"Boring and lonely without you" Mel admitted "Since the two of you left, we're the hot couple to focus on and it's really annoying"

"Seriously" Jaime agreed "We're the new popular kids too because everyone thinks we can get them into wild college parties because we know you"

"Pfft, we don't even party" Vic told them.

"So true" I added. 

"Oh so you leave us for a few months and suddenly you're a boring, married couple?" Mel asked. 

"No, college is just kicking my ass" Vic countered. 

His face changed when he said that, like something was bothering him. I didn't want to pester him with questions since this was supposed to be a celebratory weekend. I was pretty quiet for the rest of the drive home. Vic's weird mood had flowed into my body and now it was bothering me. I had been so excited for this weekend and now I just wanted to know what was up with him. Eventually we got to the Fuentes house and Jaime parked the car. I wanted to go say hi to mom at our house but none of the lights were on. My mood sank farther down the cave it wa in; she knew I was coming home tonight yet she was probably out on another random date. I almost wanted to cry but I snapped out of it when Vic draped his arm around my shoulder. 

"You okay?" he whispered. 

"Eh" I shrugged. I didn't really want to admit what I was feeling, we could talk later. He smiled at me and I tried to smile back, I don't know if it showed or not. We went into the house and there were a couple guys from the record company there ready to talk about signing the boys. Mel and I left them to their discussion since everyone's parents were there too. We went outside and across the street to my house. The cats were definitely happy to see me, Mel and I gave them loves while sitting in my living room.

"Are you excited for them?" she asked. 

I nodded in response, not using any words. Eve if I had the words, I wouldn't know how to organize them into a sentence. 

"Hungry?" she continued. 

"We should wait" I pipped. 

"Okay, bitch. Spill" she demanded. 

"Hmm?"

"You're in a mood"

"Blame your cousin" I told her.

"What did that rat bastard son of a tequila taco do now?" she yelled "Did he knock you up? Oh god you're carrying a Fuentes spawn aren't you!"

"Nothing. Well, he hadn't said anything. I think he's hiding something from me"

"You think he's cheating?"

"No, nothing like that. Something about how he's feeling"

"You know boys don't discuss their feels" she said. 

"Stop speaking Internet" I told her. 

"Never!" she screamed "Ermahgerd I see Vic outside!"

I looked out the window as he was walking up to the front door. He didn't know, just walked right into the house. Mel glared at him and he took a step back.

"Well?" I asked. 

"We're officially signed!" he beamed "No more school for me!"

"Excuse me?" I shouted. 

VIC'S POV

Oh shit, oh shit, oh triple shit. Now both girls were glaring at me and I honestly couldn't tell who was more pissed at me. 

"I'm leaving the two of you alone" Mel broke the silence. 

"You do that" Anna told her.

Mel scampered passed me and out of the hosue. I turned back to Anna who was definitely on the verge of tears. I started to make my way toward her but she growled at me. 

"Don't" she breathed.

"Baby..."

"Don't you fucking 'baby' me right now, Victor. When were you going ot tell me that you weren't going back to school?"

"I figured you'd just assume it. I mean really, you couldn't expect me to stay at SDSU while trying to write and record..."

"So why did you even go at all? Is it what you thought I wanted? Wasting your parents' hard earned money just until something better came along for you?"

She stood there fuming at me for a good ten minutes, going on and on with her rambling opinions until I'd had enough. 

"Anna, stop" I ordered, my voice echoed through the room. She looked up at me, her face twisted into a scared expression, she didn't speak. 

"I knew you'd react this way" I admitted.

"Oh really?" she barked.

"Yes" I sighed "That's why I was waiting to tell you until we were signed for sure. I want you to be a part of this too"

"Oh?"

"You know I want you on the road with us... with me"

"No, Victor, I don't know. We've never had any kind of discussion abou tthis ever. You could have softened the blow by bringing this up earlier"

"I didn't know how to say it!" I shot back "It's not exactly easy to tell your girlfriend 'hey I'm dropping out to be a rockstar bye'"

She was quiet for a long time, not holding back her tears anymore. I hated seeing her like this, especially since it's my fault.

"Baby"

"Get out" she said.

"But-"

"Out! We're done, Vic" she told me.

"You're breaking up with me over this?"

"Yes"

"Bitch" I snarled, she started crying harder and all I wanted to do was apologize but she was mad, really mad. I looked at her one last time before leaving like she wanted me to.