Little Miss Perfect 1

Beep! Beep! Beep! 

The sound of my alarm clock rang, waking me up. I slammed the alarm clock shut and looked at the time. 6:00 AM?! 

I sighed. 

"Another day of school. Happy, perfect, and cheerful! Happy, perfect, and cheerful." I muttered to myself. Reminding myself over and over again. That was the act. One more year of high school and I'm done. 

I rushed into the bathroom and quickly got dressed. I still had to print out my essay for English and Humanities. Then, memorize the lines for my school play, and remember the steps for the new cheer that the cheerleaders had to do. Just as I was going through today's plans, my phone buzzed.

Aw3s0m3ne$$: Heyy Natalie. pick u up @ 7:30. cya then. xoxo

It was my best friend Amy. Ironic that she's my best friend when she knows absolutely nothing about me, but she's the one my parents approve of. Funny, isn't it.

NaTaLiE: suree. :) cya then. thxx. 

I threw my phone into my bag and ran to my laptop. I opened up my essays and pressed print. The printer power button kept blinking, but nothing was coming out!

"Damn it! Print already!" I shouted at my printer. If it doesn't print, I'm going to get an F for the first time in my life, and then my parents will kill me.

I slammed on the printer. I swear, this printer is trying to ruin my life. I kept pressing print, but nothing would happen. 

Ring!!!! Ring!!! Ring!!!

My phone started ringing and I ran to my bag to pick it up.

"Hey." I said into the phone.

"Hey! It's me, Amy. I'm outside your house right now." She replied.

"I can't get my essays to print out. I'm going to be a bit late." I said.

"Just get into the car. I have it all done." She told me.

"Huh? What?" I responded back confused as ever. I never sent her a copy of my essays, so how did she manage to print them out?

"Just come outside." She said.

"Alright then. Bye." I hanged up the phone. I grabbed my bag and rushed out of the house and into Amy's car.

"Hey! Here's the essays." She said to me and tossed me the papers.

"What? This isn't my work? Where did you get this from?" I asked staring at the paper trying to figure out where it came from.

"Chill, Natalie. I just found it somewhere. Alright. You wouldn't want a F on the assignment now, would you?" She asked.

"No. Thanks." I said forcing a smile.

I was sick of people doing these things for me. I should appreciate it, but I want to work for what I deserve, but I can't afford to fail.

"Hey, love your outfit! So classy yet fun." Amy commented.

"Thanks. I like your outfit too." I replied back.

"So you remember the new cheer we have to do?" She asked.

"Yeah. Of course." 

"You always do the best splits. You so totally have to teach me that some time! I hope it wouldn't be a problem. " She exclaimed.

"It's no problem and I would love to help you." I told her.

"Thanks a billion! You're the best!" She squealed and gave me a hug.

"That's what best friends are for." I replied. I sound so fake right now. I can't help it, but I had to keep up with this act. It's the only way my parents can finally be happy and not become depressed again about what happened to Julia. They will always want Julia back, and I was her replacement. I look just like her in every way, except she couldn't handle it anymore and she finally cracked. I wonder when I would. Or if I ever would.