Little Miss Perfect 3

I keep thinking about how easy it is being a kid. You have no worries at all. Everything is perfect. Uncomplicated. I could never forget the night that everything changed. I no longer saw the world through my innocent naive eyes. I learned that the world isn't always full of joy. There's sadness, pain,suffering, and death. Nothing is ever as it seems.

*Flashback*

"Number one student in the whole grade! We're so proud of you!" Exclaimed mom beaming. Dad looked at his daughter with so much pride. 

"You better work harder. That Amanda girl who got 2nd place is almost catching up. Wouldn't want to lose your title." Dad commented.

We were at the middle school ceremony which awarded the best students in the grade. I was only 8 years old. My sister was 14. She was the smartest person I ever knew. She was kind. She was pretty. She was generous. She always loved helping people out and she was happy. She had everything she wanted in life along with the best grades and the best friends. She was my role model. She was everything I wanted to be.

Or so I thought.

June. 29th. I will never forget that day.

A little girl skipped down the front lawn of her house. She was filled with joy and excitement. She looked around, trying to find her sister to play with her.

"Julia! Juliaaa. Where are you? Come and play with me!" The little girl called.

Looking confused as ever when no one responded. Their mom and dad were out buying groceries.

Her sister was no where to be found.

"Hmmm. Maybe I'll try knocking on her door. Maybe she fell asleep in her room and didn't hear me" She wondered aloud. 

The little girl skipped to a halt in front of her sister's door. Knocking softly trying to get her sister's attention.

"Juila! Juliaa. Are you in there?" The little girl asked, "I'm gonna come in now."

The little girl opened the door to find her sister lying on the bed.

"I knew it. You were sleeping. It's almost time for dinner. Mom and dad went out to buy some food. Want to play with me for a while?" She asked.

Her sister stayed silent. The little girl walked over to her sister and flipped her over so she was facing up. Her sister was pale. Eyes closed. Blood stained the pure white sheets and a billion cuts marked on her arms. 

"Julia? Is this a game? It's not funny. Stop it. Wake up now!" The little girl said, voice filled with fright.

"Julia!" The little girl screamed. That was the last time she ever saw her sister.

She was never truly happy. I know that now. She was always under so much pressure with all the people around her and she couldn't take it anymore. She wasn't strong. I miss her so much, but I'm going to be strong. I'm going to be strong for my sister for whatever it takes.