"What's Uxbridge got to do with Heathrow?!"

I dragged my luggage onto the waiting Circle Line train at Kings Cross St Pancras. My friends and I were flying to Taiwan, where I had been many times. This time, I was going with my friends. I had just got on with all my friends as the doors began to close. My hands went to the Tube Map I held in my hands and opened it. I looked at my friends. "The reason we're taking the Circle line to Tower Hill and then changing for the District Line at Tower Hill, then changing for Piccadilly at Baron's Court is because of you people who get claustrophobia."

"Claustrophobia?" My friend asked, Aesthetic_oui asked.

"Fear of confined Spaces." I replied. 

"Oh, thanks Runaway_Bookworm," my friend replied. 

The rest of the journey was silent until we got to Tower Hill. It was a really annoying interchange. We needed to get our luggage off the train and then District Line shenanigans of getting the luggage on. 

"Right, Barons Court." I said. But the District Line train never reached Barons Court. Instead, we had to change at South Kensington. Which I got really annoyed about because I DIDN'T BOTHER CHECK FOR ENGINEERING WORKS.

"I'm sorry, to those of you with claustrophobia because we need to be underground, just for a little while. Then we'll be at Barons Court so you can change there." I said. The group followed me, and we got on the Piccadilly Line train without any fuss. The train started moving and the announcement came on. 

"The next station is Gloucester Road. Change here for the Circle and District lines. This is a Piccadilly Line train to Uxbridge." the announcement said. 

Uxbridge? I thought, Oh no. We're going down the wrong branch. Anyway, we can change at Barons Court. No use getting off here. 

"Uxbridge?" Aesthetic_oui asked, curious. 

"Yes. And that means we're going down the wrong branch. But we can change at Barons Court." I replied. "To Heathrow Terminals 1,2,3. Sorry. Terminals 2&3."

"Why is it Terminals 2&3 and not 1,2,3?" someone piped up. 

"They knocked down Terminal 1." I replied. 

"OH!" that same person exclaimed. The rest of the people on the train were silent as we made our way to Barons Court. 

When we got to Barons Court, I yelled: "All change people, unless you're going to Uxbridge which is useless because we're going Heathrow."

"What was that?" Aesthetic_oui asked. 

"Barons Court is above ground, and we need to go to Heathrow, not Uxbridge. Uxbridge is at the other end of London." I replied to my friend. 

"Oh. I'll change trains with you." Aesthetic_oui told me. 

"But why are you changing trains? What's wrong with the one we've got?" someone piped up. 

"You'll all be going on the wrong branch of the Piccadilly Line." I replied to the person. That was the last I heard of the person because while Aesthetic_oui and I got our luggage off the train, and jumped on a train to Heathrow, the others just went off on the wrong train. I managed to yell "What's Uxbridge got to do with Heathrow?!" before the train went out of sight. 

"We've got a good four hours before our plane is due to fly." my friend said. "Don't worry." 

"But - but they- they went down the wrong branch." I stammered. 

"I'll text them." my friend replied. As my friend was talking, a train to Heathrow Terminals 2&3 turned up. 

"This is our train." I told Aesthetic_oui. We got on without hassle, and my friend started texting them. 

***

At Acton Town, we got off the train. I checked my phone. 9 messages. I checked them and typed "Meet you at Acton Town. Reverse trains. Get off at Acton Town. We're by the Piccadilly Line platforms."

Instantly, I got a reply. "Sure. We're heading to Cockfosters now. Will change trains."

***

We all got safely to Heathrow Terminal 2&3, checked in and were  on our way. 

//

a.n. 

Thanks Aesthetic_oui, I couldn't have done this episode without writing your name not once! Merry Christmas, Everyone.