Runes

Now that Magnus was back Alec was also feeling better again. He still worried now and then, but mostly while he was at work. Whenever they were together he was just happy, embracing the moment and enjoying the time with Magnus.

Somehow Magnus had convinced him to take a walk through the city and combine that with shopping. Of course, as long as he was with him everything seemed to be great, but he still didn't get the appeal of looking through stores and spending money on unnecessary things.

Just like always they were having an amazing time and he could see himself doing that more often with Magnus. When they were back in his apartment Alec immediately relaxed. It wasn't like he was on edge when they were out together, it was just that here he felt safest.

He hadn't got anything for himself but looking through various shops with Magnus had been a lot of fun. Alec had found out that Magnus liked small fancy things he could use to redecorate his place and preferred to get something from all over the country.

Alec found himself daydreaming about how it would be to introduce Magnus to his siblings. He was confident that Izzy would instantly like him and the two of them would get along pretty well. It made him sad to know that that would never happen, that his sister didn't even know about Magnus.

Looking up and to the wonderful man again, once again those dark thoughts disappeared and he couldn't stop himself from smiling. The circumstances might have been everything but perfect, but he was so happy that Magnus had come into his life, he just made him feel amazing.

"So Alexander. Was it as bad as you expected?" Magnus asked, a knowing smile plastered on his face. It surely had been obvious that Alec had been enjoying the time, so he wasn't sure why he felt the need to ask that question.

"No it wasn't," he admitted chuckling "You might even be able to convince me to do it again. Only if it ends with a nice dinner again of course." He loved how at ease he felt around Magnus now. It was like he had known him all his life, even though there were so many things he didn't know about him.

Alec was looking forward to getting to know them, to learn more about Magnus and in return telling him more about himself. They talked about everything, except for business. They stayed clear of topics that had anything to do with the war.

He was happy about that, in all honesty, he didn't want to know if Magnus had killed a Shadowhunter and he also didn't want to tell him that he was responsible for warlocks losing their lives. But thoughts about it still crossed his mind now and then.

Alec sat down on the couch, watching Magnus as he sorted out the content of his bags. He had gotten used to the flamboyant way he dressed, but that didn't mean that he did not appreciate how good the outfits made him look.

After some time Magnus sat down next to him and leaned in for a short kiss that Alec immediately returned. He was still sometimes unsure whether it was okay to kiss him, but the more time they spend together, the easier it was for him to figure out when it was fine to do so.

"You know I've never dared to dream about finding someone like you in my life," Alec whispered, somehow feeling the urge to tell Magnus just how much he appreciated him "I always assumed I would stay alone while watching my siblings being in relationships."

"I always knew that I would watch them eventually finding someone to settle down with, get married and have children, while all I could hope for was to find someone who was willing to live a lie along with me, "I know it's stupid but somehow being with you makes me hope for more."

"It's not stupid," Magnus objected but Alec knew that it was. His doubts about their relationship hadn't disappeared and he could think of so many reasons why it was silly of him to have just a glimmer of hope. There was no way he could have an open relationship with Magnus.