Chapter Thirteen

Chapter 13:

~Whisper~

                “Hello Morgause,” I said as I walked into the chamber where she and King Cenred were, along with Trist.

                “Ah, Whisper, I see you got out of your little cage in Camelot,” she said with a smile. “You gained some trust of Prince Arthur, from what I understand.”

                I nodded. “Though Merlin wants me dead. I told him I killed Cara.”

                Morgause smiled at me. “Yes, well that should torment him. Good work, now your bed chamber is in the same room. I am sure you are tired from your journey. We will talk tomorrow.”

                I nodded and bowed. “Thank you milady,” I said before turning on my heel and going to the room I had stayed in a few times before. There I showered, changed into a gown and cloak. I then got my things out of the chest in front of the bed I kept magically locked. I filled a small bowl with cold water, took out the twelve rocks and sat on the ground in a circle. I sat the bowl in it and then sat down in the circle myself.

                I meant to enter someone’s dreams. It was a hard magic to get right, but I had become an expert at it with much practice. It was how I communicated with Lyra and Annie sometimes. This time I meant to speak with someone else.

                I sat my hand into the water. Prospicere in somnia de Emyrs.”

                My body calmed, but my mind wondered. As I found my way into his head, my eyes opened to see I was in the woods. I changed my appearance so I looked just like Cara did two years ago when Merlin knew and loved her.

                Then he came into few. He looked depressed, but when he saw me, his eyes brightened to sock. A smile spread across his face and he ran towards me. He stopped a few feet away.

                “Cara?” he asked.

                “Hello Merlin,” I said with a smile.

                I met him halfway. Our arms wrapped around each other. I buried my face into his neck and held him tightly. It might have been a dream, but he even smelt like he used to with that hint of magic smell on him. Oh, how much had I missed him.

                “Oh, it is good to see you,” he whispered.

                He pulled apart and wiped the tears from each other’s eyes. He then kissed me softly for a few seconds. I smiled at him.

                “Why am I dreaming about you?” he asked.

                I took his hand and started heading out of the forest with his hand in mine. “You are needed at the castle.”

                “I don’t care, if this is a dream, then I want to spend the whole time with you.”

                “No, we must go to the castle,” I told him smiling at him softly. “You need to be there.”

                “Why?” he asked.

                I laughed. “Because Arthur needs his advisor by his side of course.”

                “Advisor?” Merlin asked sounding confused. “I am his servant.”

                I stopped and looked at his curiously. “Surely you remember,” I said with a nervous laugh. “You are no longer his servant. You are his Warlock Advisor. You are his guide. My dear husband don’t you remember?”