Ch 15: New life, new enemies

The red-haired girl was running down the hallway when she bumped into one of the maids.

"Nora?"

"Y-Yes?!" the maid flinched, surprised that the princess remembered her name.

"Have you seen (y/n)? I haven't seen her since breakfast."

"W-Well, I-I've seen how she was playing with the princes under the old oak."

"Thanks" she said and ran away.

Merida went out to the royal garden looking for her girlfriend. Immediately she heard her brothers' laughter and screams. She went into that direction. 

(y/n) was indeed playing with her brothers. She was getting along pretty well with the triplets. The boys were always amused by her fighting skills and stories about the north.

"Give up, you filthy pirate!" said Hammish swinging his wooden sword.

"I'd rather die than surrender!" (y/n) said with a smirk and easily blocked his attack with a stick. 

Then she noticed Merida and send her a warm smile 

"My lady." she bowed.

Hammish wanted to use that moment to snatch away her stick but the girl easily disarmed him.

"All right, boys!" said Merida "I'm stealing (y/n) from you now."

The triplets groaned.

"Don't worry guys." (y/n) handed the boy his sword "We'll finish it tomorrow."

They looked as the boys are heading inside. 

Merida grabbed (y/n)'s hand. "Wanna go for a walk?"

"Sure."
^^^

2 weeks passed since the boats of the nordic clan set off from the Highlands. The group that stayed in Scottland was now training with the bests from the local warriors and military commanders. Except for (y/n), her wounds needed time to heal so she wasn't leaving the castle much. 

Despite this, she wasn't lonely, Merida was keeping her company the whole time. 

"How is your leg?"

"Every day it's getting better." (y/n) smiled "I was able to recover so fast only thanks to you."

"Oh shut up."

"You were with me the whole time. Even when I wanted to do things you aren't fond of."

"Like sitting in a library?"

"Especially that." (y/n) giggled

"I kind of enjoyed it, honestly."

"Who are you and what have you done with Merida the reckless princess?!"

The red-haired girl elbowed her gently "You"

"What?"

"You happened to me. 2 years ago if someone told me that I'm gonna be spending every afternoon in the library, reading poetry with my girlfriend, I would laugh him off. But now I'm doing that, and I'm enjoying it!"

"Wow...that sounded mature."

"Yeah, too mature. If my mother heard that, she would have a heart attack."

"Speaking of your mother..."

"Hm?"

"What do you think about yesterday."

The day before the queen burst into the library looking for something. She was so fast that the girls didn't have time to react and she saw them holding hands. 

"Do you think she's gonna draw any consequences from that." (y/n) asked worriedly.

"Don't worry about it." Merida embraced her "Come to me if she starts to bother you, all right?"

"All right."
^^^

They sat on an old stone bench. It was their favorite spot in the whole garden because nobody from the castle could see them thanks to the hight hazle bushes. 

Merida put her hand on (y/n) cheek. Then slowly brushed her hair. (y/n) leaned in and they kissed. 

(y/n) put her head on Merida's shoulder and they sat like this for some time, enjoying each other's company.

"Merida?" the girl broke the silence.

"Yes?"

"I think...I'm ready to join my team."

"Are you sure?" Merida grabbed her hand "You should fully recover first."

"I feel well. Besides, I came here to become a warrior and I'm not giving up on that!"

"I just don't want you to be in pain again." Merida stroked her arm.

"I'll be careful. I promise."

"If that's what you want...then I'll support you, as always."

"I love you." (y/n) looked into her eyes

"And I love you too." Merida smirked and they kissed again.

(y/n) glanced at the blooming hazel. She loved Merida to pieces but she missed her friends a lot. Ever since the training started they were leaving early and coming back late and exhausted so she bearly had chance to talk to them. The girl missed Olaf in particular, she was feeling homesick after she left her villaige, especially when Clair turned away from her. Olaf was really helpful and always there to cheer her up. And now, she hadn't seen with him in ages! 

'It'd be so nice to see tham again.' the girl thought.

"We should get going" (y/n) noitice.

"Right."

The girls kissed for goodbye. 

(y/n) headed to the training area and Merida to the castle. None of them knew that a misterious figure was watching their every move...

^^^

Thanks for reading!

HAVE AN AMZING DAY!