Epilogue

Hello everyone!

This is it! The last part of the story, the epilogue that I was planning to post for months, I finally sat down to finish it. At the bottom you'll find longer A/N - my thoughts, a summary of my adventure with Wattpad, and a little chitchat.

Anyway, enjoy!

^^^

It was only 9 AM, yet the west coast of Normandy was already roasting under the harsh sunlight. Runa angrily unbuttoned part of her leather jacket. 

Olaf rolled his eyes. "Just take it off already!"

"Excuse me?! Respect the fit, ok?"

"Whatever..."

Two weeks prior the crew set off from their homeland to trade their goods around Europe. Today it was Runa and Olaf's turn to guard the ship while the rest headed to the city center. The girl wasn't particularly fond of this situation.

"After everything we did in Scotland, we still get to do the boring work! That's for rookies! Not for us!"

"Don't be so dramatic. Everyone gets their turn. And you're the last person I know who would want to get special treatment."

"It's not "special treatment"! I'm simply saying I would be much more useful for the team if I went with them. And instead, I'm stuck watching the ship!"

"Oh, you just want to party in the city." Olaf teased her

"One doesn't exclude the other!"

"Well, it's 9 AM, perfect time for a pint or two, isn't it." he chuckled

The girl kept complaining but Olaf didn't listen to her. Something else caught his attention...or rather someone.

"What's going on?" Runa asked when she noticed a deep frown on his face.

"Don't be obvious" he lowered his voice "but look at the man in a green doublet."

Runa nodded, did a full 180, and looked at the crowd behind them. Olaf pulled her back angrily.

"What part of 'don't be obvious' you don't understand-" he said through his teeth

"Relax! He couldn't see me. There are too many people. Anyway, the one in a fancy hat? What about him?"

"I think it's the man that had been spying on (y/n) in Scotland."

Runa gasped "Woah! Are you sure?!"

Olaf nodded.

"Well, then what are we waiting for? Let's punish this creep for stalking our friends!" Runa said and they followed the spy.

They used a trained maneuver where one of them, this time Runa, was obviously staying on his tail. As expected, it quickly caught the man's attention. Thinking he was slipping away from his stalker, the man was in fact being pushed into a less crowded part of the harbor where Olaf was already waiting. The man couldn't do a thing against Olaf's tight grip and strong arms. They got to him in one of the narrow alleys and pulled him into a small warehouse.

As soon as they pushed him inside the building, he shouted in a thick german accent "What is the meaning of this?!". Then he covered his mouth with a white, silky cloth, like a nobleman whose nose wasn't used to the musty scent of the room. "You are going to pay for this! I am Markgraf Wilhelm von-"

"Cut the crap, you bastard!" Runa said angrily "We know who you really are - a spy and a traitor!"

The man smirked and instantly lost his noble mannerism. "So we met already, it seems." he said in a much lighter accent.