Chapter 7

We should be going to bed, however I want to talk to Lola some more before she leaves me. One of the servents came in telling us it's getting really late. Lola stood up quickly and told me to sleep.

        "Wait Lola, can we finish our talk tomorrow?" I just had to ask. She nodded her head and silently left. The servent looked me over with a cold stare that could kill, then she closed the door saying not to come out till morning. The room became cold and dark, the room looked the same as my own but, somehow different. If I had to put in a word it would be lifeless.

        Knocking came for the room beside mine, I laid in the bed waiting for light to shine through the windows. I prayed that everything would all just be a bad dream, and when I wake up mother would be downstairs making my lunch for shcool...school? Can I not think of such things. Why does that make me feel sick, and like I forgot something. I shut my eyes hoping to see daybreak soon.

        "I told you not to talk to her!" A voice yelled.

        "I'm sorry, but I had to! She is my best friend after all!" I heard Lola's voice scream. What's going on now? I am always asking questions that I can not find answers too. I need to stop, that is a bad habit.

        "Did you tell her anything that could put us, or her in danger?" The unknown voice asked calmly.

        "No... I don't think so." Lola's voice was a bit scrachy. "I only told her of the past." Wait They are talking about me!! If they find out i'm eavesdropping, what would become of me?

        The unknown voice was soft and said " Well it's too late now, but if anything happens I want you to take her with you to Flintwood and find Nathaniel. He will protect her from whatever is after her. Are they talking about me? I heard a moan from one of the other rooms. I went closer towards the sound. I found that the sound was coming from behind a door that was pitch black. There was no light at all. The moan turned into a whisper.

“I don’t want to die!”

As i got closer to the dark door the whisper went silent. Then there was a scream from the other side of the door. What’s going on in this house?

“Alice…..Alice!” The voice became louder and louder. “Where is my Alice!” I felt like something was pulling me inside the door. Suddenly I felt a hand touch me. It was cold and seemed lonely. Who was this? Why is this person calling my name? Who am I to this person?

“Al….lice” I opened my eyes and everything was blurry. I saw Lola standing above me. I was on the floor next to the door. “Alice, Why are you up from your bed. You shouldn’t be walking around at night.” Lola helped me up and walked me to my room. Something was different with the house, it was dark and cold. When I got to me room Lola make me go to bed.

“Lola?” She turned around and Looked at me.

“Yeah? What’s wrong?”

“Who is behind that door? The one that was pitch black.” I waited but Lola didn’t even say anything.

“I have to do something, I’ll be leaving now. Also don’t come out of your room tonight.” With that she left. The night was long and seemed endless.

Soon the sun came up, but I didn’t get a wink of sleep. One of the maids came in with a tray of waffles, bacon, eggs, and toast. It smelled really good, My stomach growled loud with hunger. The maid giggled and laid the tray down on the table next to the window. I looked out at the grounds and it was beautiful. I haven’t took the time to look out until now.