Reunion

Lightly treading down the wooden planked staircase, Skai made his way to the garage where Eos was. After taking a small nap, he had quickly fitted on a jacket and a pair of sneakers Rona had left for him.
Skai reached the end of the staircase and stepped down into the musty garage. In the very center of the room, laying on top of a pile of blankets, Eos' large formed rested, rising and falling in a slow rhythmic motion. He obviously was sound asleep. Eos' wounds had been firmly patched up and cleaned.
"Eos?" Skai called, nearing Eos.
Eos shifted a little. He uncoiled his neck around himself and looked at Skai. His eyes widened. Eos croaked and started to rise.
Skai laughed and smiled. "Eos it's okay!" He said and quickly walked to Eos. Eos lowered his head to Skai's height and brushed his head against Skai's cheek, making a low purr.
Skai stroked eos' feathers and let out a sigh of relief. "You're okay..."
Eos croaked in recognition and pressed his head into Skai's chest.
"Haha of course I'm not dead!" Skai laughed, scratching behind Eos' horns. He rested his head between his horns and sighed. "It's odd...a human helped us...it doesn't seem right. We shouldn't stay long."
Eos croaked again in reply and pulled his head back.
Skai placed his hands on his hips. "Eos, just because you might've gotten the luxury of the food she gave you doesn't mean we should stay!" He turned away a little and huffed, his arms crossed. "After all...we can't trust any human..."
Eos clamped down on Skai's hood with his beak and lifted him up off the ground. He set skai down right next to himself, forced him to sit.
Skai rolled his eyes. "You really seem to be getting better at this persuasion thing aren't you," he said, his arms still crossed. Eos curled his neck around and laid his head on Skai's lap.
Skai sighed. "Fine, you win. We can stay longer."
Eos purred and was already sound asleep. Skai exhaled deeply, a small smile crossing his lips. Eos never ceased to make Skai smile. The gentle dracobird always brought his hopes up.
Skai leaned his head against Eos' stomach and slowly felt himself drift into a half subconscious sleep...
Voices.
Skai shot awake as he suddenly heard.
There it was again.
Skai opened his eyes. The voices didn't sound like they were coming from inside. Eos noticed it too.
Skai pushed Eos' head from his lap and cautiously rose. He held up a hand for Eos to stay put as he walked to the garage door. Skai peaked through the garage door windows and gasped.
From where he could see on the driveway to the house were a group of men dressed in black. Some of them were dressed in black military attire and guns in their hands. Large black vehicles were parked all in the yard. Skai quickly pulled back to stay out of view of them. 'Who are they? What are they doing? Is it the government? No it can't be, why would government come here?' Skai thought.
Eos knew something wasn't right and squawked, quickly riding from the blankets. Skai immediately went over to Eos held his beak. "Sh! Don't move!" He said in a low voice. "I'm going to go find Rona. You stay here and and don't make any noise!"
Eos slowly laid back down, still with a look of concern.
Skai speedily ran up the steps and turned a corner. He quickly walked into the kitchen but gasped at the sight he thought he may never see again in his lifetime.
There, standing next to the sink with Rona, was a man with graying red hair and wearing a lab coat. He looked over at Skai with distaste and bitterness.
"Skai," he said, pushing up his glasses a little. "It's been a while."
Skai was utterly speechless. It was even his voice too. 'It can't...it can't be my father...! No...no no no!' He thought. Skai felt himself go light headed.
"Get him," his father said to two mean dressed in combat apparel. Before they could act, Skai set the entire room in illusionary flames. Rona screamed expecting to burn. The two soldiers were dumbfounded by the situation. Skai's father only stared at Skai with a cold dark glare.
"I said get him!" He growled.
Skai quickly dashed out of the room and down into the garage. 'If I can just get past them, I'll make a quick escape with Eos!' He thought. When he arrived, Skai quickly stopped to see more of these men surrounding Eos. Ropes had been lassoed around his neck and claws. He roared and struggled to break free.
"I've got this!" One of the men called. He pointed his gun at Eos' neck.
"NO!" Skai screamed. But it was too late.
A tranquilizer was stuck deep into Eos' neck. Eos stumbled a little, trying to fight back before he slowly fell to the ground.
"EOS!!" Skai screamed again, tears forming in his eyes. Hands grabbed his arms from behind and pulled him back. Skai thrashed and struggled in their grip, calling Eos' name.
A woman dressed in a lab coat walked up to Skai and seized his arm, quickly pushing back his sleeve. She pulled out a syringe filled with a blue liquidy substance and stuck it into his arm.
Skai tried to struggle but slowly felt himself weakening. His head pounded and the world around him began to swirl. 'Wha-what's...going on?!?' He pondered. Skai began to lose any ability or strength he had and fell into a deep slumber...