Chapter 26

Chapter 26

I lay in bed awake and staring at my ceiling. Its nearly three in the morning and I have not slept a wink. I've been tossing and turning an insane and uncomfortable amount of times. My brain feels like it has been running a race; thought after thought with no stop. I don't know when I'll reach the finish line and maybe there just isn't one. I feel like my mind has been chained to a rock with the same dreadful moments happening again and again.

I turn over in my bed and decide to text Mia, because maybe her crazy ass will be up right now.

Mama tell me that you're up right now.

I stare at my phone for literally ten minutes. I was really hoping she'd be awake. I sigh loudly and turn over with my phone still in my hands. Maybe I'll text Aaron.

No, Bellamy, you will not text him. Aaron and I have gotten even closer the past week since we were exiled from the Dead Boys, but I still feel nervous about texting him in the middle of the night.

I think about it for a few minutes before deciding that I might as well just text him. Who knows, maybe he's up and can't sleep as well? Unlikely, but who knows?

Are you awake?

He answers almost immediately to my surprise.

Oh man, you're one of those guys. "You up? 😉"

This makes me laugh out loud and I have to put my hand over my mouth, so I don't wake up my poor parents.

Me: You caught me. When you're in the mood, you're in the mood LOL.

Aaron: Totallyyyyy 😉 anyways, what are you really doing up at this time?

Me: I could ask you the same thing lol. But, to be honest, my mind is running in circles.

Aaron: Don't worry, I get that. You wanna talk about it?

Me: Yes and no. Gay as it sounds, I wish you were here right now.

Aaron: Hold on.

Me: What?

I stare at my phone once again, waiting for him to answer but then five minutes past and he doesn't answer. Ten minutes and he doesn't answer.

I hope he didn't fall asleep. Those few messages were actually making me feel better. He helped take my mind off that continuous cycle. I'm not sure why but the fact that he stopped replying has been making me anxious.

Oh god, I hate what I'm turning into. I'm basically turning into one of those teenage girls who stare at their phone and wait for a text back. That is the last thing I want to be.

It's not like I know many teenage girls, mostly just Mia, but she's enough to scare me into not wanting to be a teenage girl.

Then, all of a sudden, there's a knock on my window.

I literally jump out of my bed and look towards the window frantically. My heart begins to beat fast and I instantly go into flight or fight mood. My curtains cover the window, so I have no clue who or what just made that noise. Maybe I'm tripping, maybe it's a branch.

What is there a branch outside my window? I don't know! I haven't livid in the goddamn house long enough and I'm practically a vampire; curtains always drawn closed and always kept dark.

I jump from one thought to another. A branch? A Dead Boy with revenge?

The knocking comes again and I now I know that is definitely not a tree branch. I slowly walk towards my window and open the curtains.