Chapter 5: Being a Rockstar Has Its Perks Part 3

THE IMAGINARY

CHAPTER FIVE: BEING A ROCKSTAR HAS ITS PERKS

PART 3 (FINAL)

"Gondola?" said Lucas. He was curious. Guiltily curious. Her amazon queen gave him the cold shoulder.

"We’ve heard this tons already, Tom," said Rex.

"They say in that place lives the blue demon race." Very predictable, Tom. This involved the "they" people. "They have blue skin that are like peeling bananas, moon-shaped horns, and they’re devilish! Actual devils. The tribe of Gondola."

"These demons are shape shifters," said Simon. "They can disguise themselves as humans."

"You know about them, man?"

"I told you, we’ve heard this."

"I’ve read about it. Do you know the golden rule?" The eyes enlarged, earned more curiosity. "Never break a female demon’s heart."

All laughed, and also all, including the guilty Lucas, drifted their eyes to Laura. The female demon description fit her perfectly. When she noticed us, the laughs stopped, and we pretended we never made eye contact.

"Serious, man. That was scary."

"Hey!" called Sarah. She stroke me with her fist. She never did act this violent before. "That was mean, Jake."

"I’m sorry, I was just--"

"Being mean. Don’t talk to me." But Sarah, you were the one who started this.

"So, what’ll happen, Simon?" said Rex. He had more respect for Simon. Tom seemed agitated.

"You’ll be cursed until you die. I heard the symptoms are face spots."

"I’m a natural out-of-love youth. I’m not lucky with the girls."

The ghost stories took a sudden hush. An old man came limping to the booth. He had a wooden staff with him, whose shape was weird. Its upper part was a deformed moon crescent. He had wavy long hair that was worn-out, like an overused wig, and a goatee that formed a reversed M. His spectacles were tinted, and he was wearing a tight-fitted long polo that extended to the thighs area, and baggy pants, also elongated.

The townsfolk had angry eyes narrowed on him. One even said, "Call the mayor! That whacko’s in town!" The foreigners treated him with equal scorn. To them, he was an outcast. To me, he was a rockstar from the depths of the underworld.

"Man, d-do you think h-he’s from that demon race?" said Tom. Naturally, he’d be the first one in class to have this kind of reaction.

"My, is it already that late?" said the old man, looking at the gold-plated watch on his arm. His face gave him an air of a pedophile. Wait a second. Wasn’t this old man the same one in the station? "Well, the sharp ought to be ready by now. Another session would be good for this bloody night."

"Sir, are you lost?" said Laura in fear. Sarah moved closer, then stroked her shoulders to make the fear subside. Both exchanged whispers of worry. "I’ll be fine, Sarah."

"Don’t you agree, Little Miss?"

"I don’t quite agree, Sir. I don’t understand."

"One sphere of Moon Juice, please."

"Y-Yes, Sir." She hinted to Rex to cut a hole. "That would be twenty moles."

He dug his pockets for some coins, then handed them to Laura. Judging by that look on her face, they were smelly. In return, she gave him the sphere.