Chapter 40

Groaning, I turned over and clutched onto my head.

"Morning," I heard a voice and peeked through one eye to find Ricky, playing a video game. "I have a cup of water and some aspirin on the counter, and if you're hungry you can have half of my sandwich," he motioned toward a plate with a half eaten ham sandwich.

"Ew," I groaned again, feeling nauseous. "What time is it?" I asked, pulling the blanket over me and he chuckled. "Two, we missed school," he pulled the blanket away, "I called your mom. She left you like thirteen missed calls."

"Oh great," I sighed, "thanks," I sat up and rubbed my eyes; smearing crusted mascara on my hands and I sighed. Great, I looked like a raccoon now. I ingested the medication and gulped as much water as I could, taking a bite of his sandwich. It was really good.

"I have some clothes in the bathroom, if you want to clean up. Don't worry, my dad left earlier. He had a business meeting; sounded really important," he finished, returning back to his shooting game. "Thanks," I stretched, scratching my nest of hair and stood, walking; well dragging myself to his bathroom.

I ran the water and tried to wash my face, when everything slammed to me. 

I kissed Ricky. 

He kissed me back.

We almost had sex.

Oh my God, Roxie; what the hell is wrong with you?

I covered my mouth as I sat on the toilet; how could I do that? What is wrong with me? Darian and I just broke up and I was still getting over him. I couldn't do that to Ricky either. "That's it," I stared at my reflection, "no more drinking for you."

"Are you ok?" Ricky asked and I turned to the door and felt my face redden. Thank God he couldn't find a condom, I thought; because we would have gone way too far and we were both wasted.

"Yeah," I answered, "sorry."

I quickly dressed and brushed my hair, before walking out the room; suddenly ashamed. 

"Ricky," I started and he smiled at me. "I know," he rubbed his neck, "we were both pretty fucked up last night. My tolerance is really low," he blushed and I bit my lip. "Can we just pretend it didn't happen?" I asked, my voice really low, "I mean I don't want to be that person, but I'm still dealing with a break up."

"Yeah," he cleared his throat, "yeah. I understand. Me too," he looked nervous, "already forgotten." "Ok," I looked around, "good. I guess, I'll see you at school tomorrow?" I questioned and he nodded. "Yeah, sounds like a plan," he smiled at me.

I walked out of his room and hit my head, God now everything is going to be awkward.

"Hey, Roxie," I quickly turned at my name being called when I noticed Ricky was right behind me.

"What is it?" I asked, wondering why he was so close to me.

"I guess since we're forgetting things, we can add this too," he grabbed my face and pulled me closer; kissing me. I felt my eyes widen at his sudden movements, but that didn't deter him. His right hand stayed on my face as his left grabbed my waist, and I placed my hands on his chest.

I pulled away slowly, "Ricky," I said; out of breath. "Sorry," he rested his head on my forehead and we looked at each other. "Since we're not doing that again, I just had to do it one more time." "Fine," I sighed, "but no more."

"Understood," he smile at me, "I'll see you tomorrow." "Yeah," I tried to get out. It was my turn to be left speechless.

I walked out of his house and walked to the bus stop.