michael

(p.s because im a lazy bum i did not crop the photo oops)

"you're complete gutter trash, i pay for your medical insurance, your food, this damned house, and what do i get? a lousy son, and a wife thats too tired for sex." he spoke with complete hatred.

just like every night, when he drank too much.

on good days, he could be nice.
sometimes he would even smile at me.

but today wasn't a good day, after my late night cafe session with pennylane, i came home to a crying mother, and an abusive father.

"it's not like you're any better." i whispered, too tired of the repeats, to have energy to fight back.

he was too drunk, to even hear me.

"i'm leaving, i'll come back when you two start making me happy." he snarled and then stomped out of the door.

i sighed and caressed my mother's cheeks, she didn't cry anymore.

i didn't cry anymore.
we were so used to this, it wasn't even a surprise, it didn't phase us as much as it did in the beginning

"michael, can you promise me one thing?" my mother finally spoke, glossy eyes, the tears that should've shed a long while ago, still not daring to stream down.

"yeah, mom?" i looked at her.

"promise me, that you won't turn into him, things are hard for you right now, i understand that, but no matter how much your emotions get to you, do not resort into your father. please." she breathed as if each word, could possibly be a shard of glass.

hearing her promise, made me break even more.

"i promise." i confirmed.

i stood up and walked out the door, feeling the autumn breeze hit my cheeks.

walking down the sidewalk, i spotted an all too familiar face.

jogging towards her, i noticed that she too wasn't okay.

"pennylane?" i questioned.

she stood against the tree, mute.

"are you alright?" i instigated her.

"pen-" i was cut off.

"no michael, i'm not alright." she finally spoke, voice ragged from the sobs she was trying to keep in.

"that makes two of us." i stated to her.

pennylane, glanced at me with her puffy eyes, and softened her look when she saw mine.

i probably looked worse than her.

"what happened, michael?" she asked concerned.

"a lot." i managed to choke, my emotions finally getting the best of me.

"me too." she fiddled with her fingers, eyebrows crinkling, as if a mind war was playing in her head.

she tethered my fingers, against hers, and trudged me down, both of us sitting against the tree.

"it really sucks michael." she spoke, more firmly this time.

"what does?" i glanced at her.

"the way that people could destroy themselves, more than a real physical person can." she silently cried.

"pennylane, i have no idea what you're going through right now, but i can assure you, everything will fall into place soon." i tried to reason with her.

"how could you possibly tell me that, when you're just as broken as me, and you damn well know you're not going to take your own advice." she argued softly, playing with the leaves on the ground.

sighing once again,

"i know." was all was heard, as we sat down together, gasping for air.

yet, both of use breathed steadily, into the evening wind.

-
a/n

GUYS IM SUCH A TERRIBLE PERSON I HAVENT UPDATED IN AGED BUT HERE YA GO