XXX. sunshine: سورج کی کرن

Remember to comment and vote.
y'all the last chapter is here.

😭😭😭😭😭😭

Family.

That's what she found in Exeter. After Eleven Years of persecution and desolation, she finally reveled in peaceful happiness. With the family, Exeter gave her a chance at complete healing. But the curve of life was that healing didn't come easy. It was a process of its own where she had to break her walls and find the courage to let go of her past. Her healing was buried deep under her scars. The scars that sealed many of her dreams within that darkness.

Healing is violent where one has to crack each and every defense mechanism to face the lingering pain within oneself. It was almost as if she had to hold the knife and carve out her pain, letting it bleed. Once she had bled enough, she had to build the strength to reach within her to find the light she had abandoned that night. But she could fight her battles with that brutal force because he held her. He collected her broken pieces and held it safe until she was ready to face the music and rebuild herself. Like he had always held her close whenever she had collapsed in life.

It all started when they were back in Exeter after Hajra was brought to court. After months, Zach had worn his specific suit for the hearing. His hands trembled, carrying the fear... what if he failed to get justice for his wife? But That morning she woke up as they sat on their mat, holding their hands to the One Above All. They prayed for their strength, they prayed for the courage to bear the trials when her truth would be thrown in her face. And they prayed for their fate to stay intertwined for the rest of their life and beyond that.

"We'll go through it. No matter what." She cupped his face and looked into his eyes, becoming the force he needed to fight without losing his sanity, to jump across the court to strangle that woman. His wife knotted the tie around his neck, putting her hand on his chest, feeling his heart beating briskly. She fixed the superficial crease on his jacket as he placed a soft kiss on her forehead, holding her hand, they walked out like warriors to win the justice she was robbed of many years ago.

And even with expedited trial, her case went for weeks, in between she had found the courage to sit her brothers down, retelling her reason for her court appearance years ago and then now as they reopened the cold case against Hafeez Mirza and his daughter now. She had made them promise to listen to her without reacting. For the life of her, she didn't know how she was able to tell them without either of them drawing a gun and going after the corpse of Hafeez Mirza.

Asfandyar had held her for a long time, his body rigid and burning, but he had promised her, he'd try to stay sane. His tears had fallen in her hair as he kissed the crown of her hair.

"I'm sorry, Aalu." His arms were ironclad around her. "I'm sorry, Bachay."

"I know it's hard for you to hear this all, Lala, but I promise I'm healing. And he is teaching me to heal. Your best friend, you know whose jaw you broke thinking he didn't deserve me." They both laughed between the tears as Kabir watched from the floor where he sat collecting the pain and burying it within himself. "He taught me. This doesn't have to define me, Lala. This doesn't have to define you either. We were not broken. They tried. That monster, He tried, but look at us. We made it. All of us." His little piggy-tail put her head on his shoulder. Kabir gasped in pain as Asfandyar's eyes met his in regret and sorrow. Kabir stole his gaze away, Asfandyar pulled his sister closer. Not all of us, Aalo. Not all of us. As he watched his younger brother's fate looming on him. "We made it, right?" She looked up, her big brown eyes, blinking with tears of hope.