34

Third Person POV
All the guards that were getting ready for mid-day training gathered around as they watched the two vampires fighting. Some questioned what the female was.

Some had seen her turn into a wolf and some saw her using powers as if she were a witch. Rumor spread around the pack that another fight involving her was happening again.

There had been whispers around pack that she wasn't like one of them. Some questioned why she was staying with the Alpha.

Morgan, Malcom's bed warmer, had heard all of these rumors about a powerful she-wolf always at the side of King Alpha Malcom, King  Beta Lucas, King Gamma Seth, and Queen Gamma Mia.

It made her blood boil that the mystery
she-wolf was the reason King Beta Lucas told her to stay away from Malcom. An order, one she cannot disobey.

She followed the crowd of wolves leaving the pack house and into the training grounds. After she had been shunned from Alpha Malcom, she had lost her authority in the pack.

Everyone used to listen to her, afraid that if they did something to offend her that Malcom would come and make them pay later.

She was the most furious at the rumors that she was the Alpha's mate. She was supposed to be Luna. That was her plan. Work her way up the royalty and become Queen.

She came up to the training grounds and watched as, the she-wolf she despised, she fought with a vampire, a intruder. Where was Malcom? Why wasn't he tearing his head off of his shoulder for coming uninvited on pack lands.

A echo of ooo's spread throughout the crowd as she punched him in his stomach and slammed him on the ground with her hand. She pushed him to the ground and the dirt flew out from under him.

"Come on Nicolette it felt like a fly bumped into me," the male laughed as he pushed himself off the ground, grabbed her shoulders without turning around and falling on top of her.

"Get off of me you gorilla," she growled. She stared into the crowed, assessing all the people that were watching. She had to choose. Choose one side of her that she wanted to use. Her eyes had already been seen red so she decided vampire. To even out the playing field.

"How dare you call me a gorilla," he scoffed. She frowned as she kicked him off and was back on her feet. Barely a scratch on her but blood still seeped through her ribs from where she had been hit earlier.

Dirt matted her hair and it was frizzy in places. Graham has been forgotten about in the midst of this fight. He watched from behind the trees. Graham had looked up to Nicolette since he was a child.

He always loved to watch her train with Beck. He one day wished he could be half the vampire she was right now.

Malcom was angry at Nicolette she said they would try yet she's only pushing him away. The mind link was buzzing with the news of the mystery she-wolf or vampire they weren't really sure. Malcom walked into his training ground to see Nicolette in a chokehold.

A growl rumbled from his throat to see his mate being held by someone other than him. He never used to mind but the bond was growing. Working it's way to grow them closer together.

"Everyone go back to what you were doing," he announced. Everyone turned to him and quickly ran away. Nicolette shot daggers at Malcom for stopping their fighting.

"Vampire, I don't care who you are but you get your brother and off of my pack before I won't hesitate to kill you." He sighed but didn't say anything as he let go of Nicolette. She gasped for breath as she fell to the ground.

"I'm sorry Nicolette, I'll see you around," he said. He grabbed his brother from where he was hiding in the woods and took off.

"I have an answer," Malcom finally announced to her. She pushed herself up, off the ground and dusted off her clothing.

Nicolette's POV
"Fine what's your explanation," I said crossing my arms and staring at him. He had fury written on his face but it slowly disappeared.

"You said you wanted to work it out but all you're doing is pushing me away. Why?"

"I'm sorry this doesn't seem like an answer to my question," I fired back. He groaned and rolled his eyes.

"Why?" He demanded. My hands began to tremble as I lower them.

"I'm scared," I whisper. "I'm scared...that if I let myself love you th-then you could live the same fate my parents did. They died because they had me. I don't want you dying because you love me."

His eyes softened and he wrapped his arms around my body and head. He leaned his chin on the top of my head and sighed.

"I'd go to hell and back if I was allowed to love you. I would fight the devil himself as long as you were happy," he whispered to me. I softly grinned at his words. It's been awhile since I've felt so much affection from another.

"You pushes me away too at the begging," I said. He nodded against my head and ran his fingers through my hair.

"I was scared too if you would become like my mom. If I was good enough for you. If I deserved to have you," he said. "But I want to be the mate you deserve. So, no more fighting."

"Okay," I agreed. "No more fighting."

"Promise?" He said moving back a bit and staring at me. I nod and I slightly punch him.

"I'm still mad about that stunt you pulled," I mumbled. As he laughed, the tumble of his chest vibrates against my body. "Also, he, um, came back."

"Who?" He asked.

"The guy that's been you know trying to kill me."
———
This chapter is a bit short but I wanted to finish this chapter because...WE HIT 1K FOLLOWERS AHHHHHHH!

Yay thank you to everyone following!

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Xoxo Emma