27

Malcom's POV
I watch Nicolette start to devour the hamburger put in front of her, courtesy of Albert coming here on short notice. I thank him for coming and he leaves to go back to his wife. She quickly eats it all and I got Lucas to get more blood bags for her.

"I'm going to sleep," she mumbled after putting her plate and cup in the sink. I stand up and push in both our seats in.

"Why? You just woke up like an hour ago," I said as she walked into the bathroom to get ready for bed, again.

"Yes, I'm very tired," she calls out from the bathroom. I hear the water start to run as I walk out of her room.

"Looks like I owe Seth ten dollars," Lucas said. I look over and see Lucas standing there with his arms crossed and smile plastered on his face.

"What?" I asked unamused. He just laughs and points to Nicolette's room.

"I bet ten dollars to Seth that you wouldn't fall in love with Nicole. Seth bet ten dollars that you would fall in love," he explained. I roll my eyes at my beta. My gamma and beta gambling on my relationship with my mate.

"I'm not falling in love with her Lucas. I'm just mildly concerned for her. She exerted a lot of power because you let her run into the forest. She threw up blood and acted like it's normal," I said. He rolled his eyes.

"I can smell her all over you and it's not just from being mildly concerned. It's all in your clothes," he said. I let out a groan as I walk past him and into the kitchen.

"Did you bring her blood bags?" I ask him as I turn on the water to start the dishes. He nods and I take the plate and start scrubbing off the stains.

I heard the shower in Nicolette's room turn off and some doors opening and closing in her room. I finished up the dishes and wiped my hands off.

"You know you should really find your own mate so you can stop worrying about my relationship with my mate," I commented. I threw the towel on the side of the sink and lean forward on the counter top.

"I would still be worried if I have a mate because what you do depends whether or not we have a reliable Queen Luna and not when if your she wolf flings," he fought back. I heard the lights click off in Nicolette's room and her room door lock.

"One of my she-wolf flings will never be Queen Luna. They're only there to satisfy my needs," I shrugged.

"You're mate is pure. She has never been with another wolf. She's been waiting for her mate," he told me. "You can tell by her smell."
———
I lay in bed staring at the ceiling. It was late and I was tired but I couldn't bring myself to fall asleep. I felt like there was something missing.

I turn to my side and look at the time. 2:38AM. I let out a groan. I have to start training again and I'm going to be tired. What if I just get Lucas to do it tomorrow?

I shake my head as I groan again into my pillow. There was a soft knock on my door which made me jump. I face the door and could hear a heart beating quickly.

"Come in," I call out. My door opens slowly and Nicolette sheepishly peaks her head into my room. I sit up and stare at her. She had obvious bags under her eyes and she look as if she were crying.

"I can't sleep," she whispers to me. It was so soft but so loud in this silent room. She didn't move from beside the door she just stood there, waiting for my response.

"Do you know why?" I ask her. My voice didn't have the same quietness as her's did. Mine was like a boom of thunder on a quiet night.

"Can you come lay down with me?" She asks quietly. That's what I am missing her presence next to me as I fall asleep. Those few hours this afternoon sleeping next to each other have the bond room to grow stronger.

"Yeah I can," I said. I lifted myself from my bed and walked into her room. I could sense her despair just moments earlier.

She climbed into bed and I didn't know exactly what I should do. I put my weight slightly on her bed and slid under the covers. Her back faced me but then she turned around and shoved her face into my chest.

Her tears that she had cried earlier soaked through my shirt. I slowly put my hand to her hair and pushed her hair behind her ear. My chin slightly rested on the top of her head and she lightly clung onto my arm the rested on the bed.

I creep my hand to her waist and rub my thumb back and forth on her back. She let out a noise that could have been a purr but her wolf wasn't restless. She was calm and happy.

"Goodnight Nicolette," I whispered to her. She let out a noise of conformation and her heartbeat the beat against my chest started to even out. Her light breathing that could be felt on my arm.

My wolf was happy here. Our mate in our arms and her body fitting perfectly with mine. I combed my fingers through her wavy hair, being careful not to untangle the knots to hard.

Relaxed, I felt relaxed for the first time in months. I felt like I could wake up tomorrow tired but still be happy because she was here.

There was something in her that made me want to keep fighting for her to forgive me. For her to be happy here and not worry about not being accepted.

I would release hell on anyone that would ever believe that she is not worthy of being the Queen Luna. I guess I would have to release hell on myself for believing that once.

I've created a wound so deep in her that only time could heal it. I dug myself in a hole that's almost impossible to get out of and the person I had despised so much made me want to climb out of the hole.

Her face felt relaxed against my chest and she felt happy but I don't know if I can be the mate she deserves to be. I was so scared that I was going to be like my father that I became like him.

I don't want to be like him. He put my mom through hell and Nicolette doesn't deserve what happened to my mom. She deserves so much better than my hatred toward her.

I wanted her to be happy.
———
This chapter is a tad bit short but I felt like this was a good place to end it.

I might not be able to get another chapter out tomorrow because of Thanksgiving.

So, Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your time with family and friends.

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Xoxo Emma