Chapter 12

Before

We finally made eye contact, a light blush covered her cheeks. I felt myself weirdly heat up as well. Was it true? I was in love?

"I'm going to take care of you... Just how you did to me."

"Take care of me?"

Nodding slightly, a sweet, loving look on her face made me feel safe. "Just like what you did to me"

I knew nothing of the world around me, nor what will happen or what did. Something changed with me... but yet, did anything? I was drawn to this gem for a reason, was it coincident? Fate?

Or maybe, just love?

Now

Knocking on the door to let Steven know it was alright. He slowly opened the door, relieved that everything went alright. We stood there in an awkward silence, but the boy knew we had lots of questions needing to be answered. Spinel was first to speak up.

"What happened after I got bubbled?" She seemed to still be very peeved about it but did her best to try to not let it show.

"W-well... After I um... Poofed you. We had to still keep taking the... Rejunivator out of her system before we were able to revive her. I tried to tell you but you attack u-us before I could start...!"

Ignoring the last part, Spinel's eyes were concentrating on me. "Why can't (Y/N) remember? does that happen when you bring them back?"

"No...! I mean, it didn't happen to Lars..." Tapping his foot lightly on the floor, Steven had to focus on concentrating. "Maybe. OH! That could be what killed her...? The poison must have gotten to her head and messed it up? I can't be for certain..."

Losing interest on the two I once again glace at the pink women above the door. She was very beautiful, a figure of hope and wisdom it seemed. Where was she? There seemed to be a lot of pink people now.

"Whos that?" I pointed at the portrait that I was staring at. This brought both of their attention to see what I was gesturing at.

"U-um... Th-thats my mom..." Steven spoke softly and threated. I didn't understand the tone of the room until I saw the expression Spinel had on her face. It was a dark and sinister one.

"Oh. So thats what she turned to. G-Great...!" We didn't keep on the topic for long. In fact, we dropped it as soon as it started it seemed.

Spinel knew her? Did I know her? It seemed like I was getting nowhere with discovering anything.

A few more questions were shot out, but we didn't stay very long, Spinel didn't want to. She grabbed my hand and pulled me out and kept its grip with mine to make sure I close to her. I didn't think much from it but that boy Steven was visibly concerned. All he did was try to explain what happened, but it made me uncomfortable. Especially when he talked about the rejuvenator reaching my brain which could explain the memory loss. But I didn't like how everyone was treating me like a problem.

Now, Spinel and I were walking back to what she described as 'Our Home'. I fascinated with listening to myself. Hearing the stories about how I dealt with problems, I couldn't help but even feel bad about who I am now.

"Spinel?" I question her quietly, almost ashamed to break the silent barrier around us. Through the whole walk, a word hasn't been spoken. It was hard to tell what the gem was thinking about.

"Yeah?" Turning around to face me, our eyes connected but we still kept our pace.

"Do you still love me?"