Chapter 4

Art by me! Hope you enjoy this chapter <3

Before

For the first day, I think most things went pretty good. Only a few hiccups but maybe she just wasn't use to humans? Whatever the reason is, she made today a lot more exciting than my normal life. Perhaps, everything will be much better from now on with my new friend Spinel by my side.

Closing my eyes, I feel myself drift off. Unaware of Spinel who was secretly watching until I fell into my unconscious slumber.

Now

Tossing slightly I slowly open my eyes, staring at the top of my room. Nothing was interesting up there, just bland white but sometimes having a bare background can bring out the most creativity. Maybe I should paint something up there if I have the time. But with everything that happened yesterday, I will most likely have my free time alone taken up. Not that I really mind.

I did want to head back to bed. Not feeling in the mood to already have to begin my crazy day, but Spinel must be worried sick being alone all night. Too bad sleep was a thing, would prefer not to have to do it. But with all my force I sit up, closing my eyes as I rub the tiredness out from my forehead, grumbling a bit from having to leave the warmth of my sheets.

Okay. Let's go see if my house is still in one piece. Turning to get off, Spinel was sitting on the ground looking up at me with a blank expression.

"WHAT THE SH.....!!" I jump backwards away from her in a panic, bumping on the wall on the other side of the bed.

"You alright (Y/N)!?" Spinel quickly leaps towards me, holding my arm tightly but gently. Seemingly gotten startled as well with my sudden freakout.

"Y-Yeah..." Taking a deep breath I use my other hand to place it on the pink gem's shoulder. "I didn't expect you to be there."

"Oh. So I'm not supposed to watch you?"

"You watched me through the whole night?!"

"Well, I was nervous something bad would happen. And you did tell me to watch the door but I saw you had a window that could be easily broken and came in here to make sure nothing was bothering you."

"Spinel... I" Pausing, I had to think about what to say. Sure, watching someone sleep was a thing that was seen as creepy for most of the population of people. But, for someone like Spinel, she doesn't understand how we must work. "You know what... Thank you for caring about me to make sure I was alright. I appreciate it"

We give each other a small embrace to take time to calm down our beating hearts. Well, at least mine. I don't know how Gem's worked. Well, they do have the poofing under great force from what I heard from Steven. though, other than that I have no clue.

"Alright let's head out. Gotta give me some privacy to change once again."

Getting no response from Spinel other than a grumble, she hugs tighter around me.

"Spinel... Common"

"Noo! You just woke up, why can't we spend any time together?"

"We will... just need to talk to Steven about what's happening"

"What do you mean? You're not trying to get rid of me right...?"

"No no! It's one hundred percent NOT that. We pinky promised, remember?"

She nods while letting a small sigh come from her lips. "Okay. I trust you." Slowly getting up and giving me a small smile. Spinel heads out of my room to go wait for me.