Chapter 18: Love Poem

"What? Who?" Mina softly asked her members who acted as if they know nothing, they exchanged smiles when Mina looked off the stage.

Y/n was led to the stage and sat on the stool, she lightly ran her hands on the keys as she took a deep breath and releases it for the next second.

Murmurs filled the whole big room as they wonder who could she be. Until she started to play the song, Love Poem by IU. Then the lights started to light up.

"I think someone is praying for someone" once she started the first line the audience got silent while Mina's ears perked up from the back stage. 'It can't be.' she told herself.

"I think I can softly hear a love poem that was silently written.." Y/n sang with such feelings that every words she sang laced with something that she really wanted to say rather than to sing.

"It clearly flies over to you, I hope it reaches you before it’s too late..." Mina changed spot to see her face more clearly but it was hidden by the piano. But she knows to herself, with that voice, that sweet yet mature voice that she hears everyday for almost a month but feels like forever will only belong to one person.

Once confusingly asked amongst themselves, trying to figure out who could be that girl playing the piano in the middle of Twice concert.

"*gasps* Diba yan yung babaeng sinabing kumidnap daw kay Mina? Y/n—Y/n ba yun?" (*gasps* Isn't she the girl who is said that kidnapped Mina? Y/n—was it Y/n?)

"Ay oo nga, Y/n!" (Yeah right, Y/n!)

"Uy, di daw yun totoo.." (Hey, they said it wasn't real..)

"Luh, ang swerte niya naman—" (Woa, she's so lucky—)

"Pero I heard nabulag siya, diba?" (But I heard she's gone blind, right?)

"Bulag siya?!" (She's blind?!) one boy exclaimed in amusement, after realizing that, some fans beside him turns to him making him cover his mouth in embarrassment.

"I’ll be there, behind you when you walk alone
Singing till the end, this song that won’t end
Open your ears for just a moment
I’ll sing for you, who is walking through an especially long night.." Y/n finsihed the first verse with a small smile on her face, eyes looking forward. She obviously means this song to someone.

Mina was slightly pushed by Momo and Sana, she was confused for a moment but soon replaced with realization when she saw the person sitting there, playing piano, singing a very meaningful song.

She saw her move her lips to sing,

"Once again, in your world a star is falling.."

"Th–"  "The silently shed tears are flowing here.." once she heard someone took her line, Y/n stopped and looked a little straight up. Her heart suddenly jumped on her chest.

"In my silent heart that has lost all words, I hear a voice like hearing a memory.." Mina's eyes twinkled in tears and Once couldn't help but gawk at it.

Y/n recollected herself and sang along, their voice blended along perfectly.
"I’ll be there, behind you when you walk alone
Singing till the end, this song that won’t end
Take a deep breath
I’ll sing for you, who forgot how to cry out loud.."

Mina remembered how she met Y/n and how the latter encouraged her 24/7 when she was at that state where she think everything came crumbling down.

Y/n kicked the door hard making it break open, "HOY SUZY OKAY KA LANG?!"  (HEY SUZY YOU OKAY?!)