24~ beleiving in you

Paige's pov

I woke up alone in my room I sat up slowly and crossed my legs. I wasn't sure what would happen next and that scared me... a lot. I was afraid of the uncertain, afraid of everything. Maybe that's why I was such an easy target, because I was afraid and weak.

I brushed some of my pink hair out of my face and stared at my hands laying limp in my lap. It had been years since I was last left feeling completely alone and I didn't like the feeling. Samurai and Gardenia were always there for me since the day I hatched them. Even as eggs the two had kept me company and now I don't know if I'll see ether of them again.

~Have faith young guardian, your greatest wish is yet to come true. Just have faith and believe in yourself.~

Wait what? That wasn't Gardenia's soothing and sweat voice, or Samurai's cool and calm voice, or Miku's squeaky kawaii voice, or Gummie's bubbly and giggly voice. This one was superior and feminine sounding but had a sort of cuteness to it... Like Miku's voice. The voice was also just barely there, like a whisper.

:Hello?: I asked back. Like with Miku before she hatched I didn't get a reply.

I shook my head. I was probably just imagining things because I was alone. I'd never liked this feeling it made me feel weaker than I already was. Made me feel small as well.

My stomach let out a loud obnoxious grumble signalling I was hungry. Last time I'd eaten was... yesterday at lunch time so I was really hungry. Starving in fact.

I leant against the wall next to my bed, hoping that someone would bring me food soon. Usually N did if he was here but if not then Anthea or Concordia did. But who knew if I'd even get fed. Who knew what Ghetsis meant by I would regret it if I ran away.

The sound of approaching footsteps caught my attention. But it could mean anything. Someone could just be passing threw the halls, it could be an echo from above or nearby hallways, it could be Ghetsis coming to punish me for running away or it could be N or someone else coming to bring me food.

I hope it was the last one. I held my breath and closed my eyes as the footsteps came closer. Those definitely were coming this way.

Please be N, please be N, please be N. I silently begged.

The door creaked open slowly. That's it, the world hates me. I thought to myself as the same dark haired Plasma elite grunt who'd caught me entered my room smirking.

"Well well well little runt, where's your little green haired friend?" She smirked.

Umm... I think N's older and taller than her...

"Wherever he is, he's certainly not gonna help you now. Ghetsis has plans for you." An evil smirk plastered on her face.

I scurried back a bit, shaking a little in fear. Please no. I just want to be left alone an to eat. Is that so much to ask for?

"Are you going to come silently or do I need to get Krookodile?" She said chuckling at her own little joke.

I gulped a little but slowly and shakily stood up. That big red and black Pokemon still scared me and either way I'd end up in trouble.

"Smart move." She said grabbing my right arm roughly, right where the bruise was.

I winced in pain as she put pressure on the bruise. Making her snicker. "Does that hurt?" She said squeezing tighter.

I bit my lip to stop myself crying out as she pulled me down the hall. "Make a sound and you'll have Krookadile to deal with runt." She hissed.

I nodded weakly and stumbled along, what else could I do? I was to weak to fight back and to scared to disobey.