CHAPTER 1

JIWOO'S POV
I sat at the rooftop, looking at the picture and quietly sobbing as I buried my face into my knees.

~
1 YEAR AGO

I could barely utter my words as the tears streamed down my face.

"Mum please, stay with me. I've already lost dad, I can't lose you too. Stay with me."

She didn't say anything. All she did was to reach her hand out to my face and wiped my tears away.

"Don't cry, smile more. Your smile looks beautiful on you."

Left with no choice, I forcefully smiled with tears in my eyes. She nodded her head.

"𝘙𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳, 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺."

With that, her beautiful soul left this universe, leaving me alone to battle the challenges standing in my way to happiness.

~

Mum, I miss you...
Why does it hurt so bad... what if its because he wasn't my soulmate, thats why the mark didn't hint that he was, or light up, or whatever. But mum, he was so special, he was my first everything and yet he had to ruin all of that.

"Are you crying because you got second in the entire level AGAIN? Never being able to beat me?"

I looked up, only to see him.

"Stay in your lane, Jeon." immediately, I stood up and as I was about to leave, he grabbed my wrist.

"Or did that boyfriend of yours cheat on you?" he whispered into my ear.

I scoffed and replied, "as a matter of fact, he did. Now leave me alone, its none of your business, Jungkook."

With that, I walked off.