Break Up | Nate

You both lay in bed after a good night in. It's late at night and this is usually the time where you guys talk a lot of nonsense about life. You're both staring up at the ceiling.

"I'm going on tour next week." Nate brings up the topic that you were both dreading. You don't want to think about the tour right now - or at all. "For 3 months."

"...I know." You say after gulping a lump in your throat. He looks at you to see if you're looking at him but you're not... you're still staring at the ceiling.

"Are you okay with that? It's a long time." He asks. You look down at your fingers and play around with them to distract you from crying.

"...No." You admit even though he already knew. "But I'm going to have to, right? There's nothing I can do."

"Don't be angry." He says.

"I am." You immediately say back looking at him. "I am, Nate. You're going across America where all these girls will be admiring you, trying to get your attention for 3 months."

"So?" He asks but you just sit and look at him as he waits for your answer. "Do you think I'm going to give in to one of them?" He asks.

"No... maybe-" You reply.

"Oh my-" he says while standing up and trying to control his anger. He can't believe that you think he's going to cheat on you. "Are you serious?"

"I don't know!" You reply watching him stand beside the bed. "There are a lot of pretty girls out there who love you and-"

"-and I would never cheat on you!" He exclaims. "Come on Y/N, we've been through a lot and you think I'm going to cheat on you?"

"It's not just that." You reply and he groans. "Nate, you're gone for three months."

"So? So what? Tell me why being away for three months is such a big deal?" He asks.

"Because it's three months, Nate! You're telling me that you're going to be away for three months and everything's going to be fine. You're not even going to think about me-" he cuts you off.

"What the fuck, Y/N. Of course I'm going to fucking think about you, you're my girlfriend." He exclaims.

"Then you understand why I'm upset about it then. You've been away for DigiTour for so long and now you're leaving for three months again." You reply. "For all I know this might be a waste of time."

He pauses and takes a step back as if he can't believe what you just said. "Woah. A waste of time?" He asks.

"No- Nate that's not what I meant." You say but he's not having any of it. He grabs all of his stuff and walks out of the room. You follow him. "Nate, don't leave."

"Why shouldn't I?" He asks. "Why don't you want me to go on this tour? This is huge for me and Sammy. We're living our dream and you're here trying to stop me from going!"

"I'm not trying to stop you, Nate!" You shout back. If he's going to shout at you then you're going to shout back. "I just want you to think about what this is going to do to us."

"You've been honest this whole time so I'm just going to be honest with you right now. Okay?" He asks not seeming to think about your feelings. "If I don't go on this tour, two years down the track when we're broken up I'm going to regret not going."

"When we break up?" You ask angrily.

"Come on, Y/N, look at us! We're always fighting and if we're still like this two years from now I guarantee we're going to be broken up." He says. There's no such thing as feelings right now in Nate's mind. He just has to tell the truth. "And for all you know this is just a waste of time."

"Well maybe it is!" You hiss. "This is a waste of time because the most time we're spending together is two hours and we're not even going to be together in two years right? So why don't we just do it now?"

"Do it now? Okay, fine. Do it. Break up with me." He says with his arms out as to say 'hit me'. Your both panting from yelling too much but your eyes are too watery for you to look at him. You wipe you eyes while looking away and blowing a deep breath. You shake your leg. "Do it."

"Don't do this to me." You say, your voice shaky.

"Don't do what Y/N?" He asks. "You're the one doing it."

"I don't want to do it!" You say.

"Fine, then I will." He says dropping his hands to his side. "We're over." He says it so simply but he doesn't mean it. You don't reply but just look at him. He looks at me as if I should say something.

"Okay." You sniff looking at the ground. "Cool, so that's it then? Huh? It's just over? Done? Is that it?" You ask looking at him.

"You know this isn't what either of us wanted but one of us had to do it. You think it's better for us to be apart-" he begins to say something but I interrupt him.

"I never said that I think it's better for us." You say.

"No, you didn't but I know that that's what you're thinking." He says. We've both died down our shouting. He doesn't want to say anything so you both stay quiet. Until you speak up.

"I guess that's it then... we're done." You say.

"...Yeah. I guess so." He replies. You walk into your bedroom and shut the door. Eventually he leaves.

A/N: I guess this is alright hahha I needed something to post

Tell me what you think ----->