vii. alliance

a/n: part two. . .

enjoy, fellas :)

---
"Another delinquent?!"
---

Against himself, the hesitation was palpable; stark and corded by illogical fear that clutched his limbs in unmerciful ice. It was the stereotypical battle of heart and mind, he gathered. He wanted to go—to face immeasurable heights with nothing but a smile on his face in the same way she does, but his mind argued no—that this was downright dangerous and terrifying.

But a hero should always be brave, right?

How could he even aspire to be one when he can't face this?

"Shou-kun,"—a star twinkled—"Do you trust me?"

Shocked, the boy lifted his head to peer incredulously at the girl before him, watching with bated breath as rosy lips slowly curled at the corners.

A gentle smile. Reassuring, for him.

His throat bobbed.

Shouto knew he should be accustomed to her appearance, yet three months into their strange friendship and he still couldn't quite grasp how those rose-colored eyes can glimmer brighter than all the stars in the sky.

It was hypnotic, similar to the natural embrace of his mother's voice.

"I, uhm"

"Do you?"

Fisting the sheets beneath him, Shouto dropped his gaze, cheeks splashing pink when she brought her face close to his, the tip of his nose somewhat touching hers in the lightest way possible.

The word 'yes' got lodged in his throat.

His answer really shouldn't be surprising. For three months, she has been coming and going through his window every night. It was a secret—their secret. And it felt good! Like taking a sneaking bite of the sweetest mochi in the box. It was exhilarating and pleasant despite the roller coaster in his stomach.

Here he was, the son of the number two hero—and he's letting a girl into his room without anyone knowing.

Because he makes her happy.

Because she makes him happy.

Because they're friends. His first.

His one and only.

"I trust you," in a rare burst of bravado, he reached out to grasp her hand with his own. She has soft skin. "I trust you with my life!"

Funny how children exaggerates everything, the innocence clear in the roundness of their eyes and within the weight of their smile. But with what they were about to do, Shouto thought it appropriate.

He trusts her.

Beaming, the girl gently drifted her eyes close at the answer—expectedly glad, yet unexpectedly enthralled by his ready response. With ease, he had charmed the tiny bud of doubt she had unknowingly carried.

She was afraid he would say the opposite, yet he didn't.

Out of words, she touched her forehead with his to rely her gratitude. Shouto felt the corner of his lips jump higher and his grip on her hand tightened at the affection, mimicking her movement as he leaned even closer so that he can touch his nose with hers again.