vi. divide

a/n: how are you guys taking season 4 so far? that arc birthed a lot of Kirishima stans of today XD

Also, DOUBLE UPDATE! Simply because this chapter was too long to be in one. I mean, reading 22k in one seating is kinda troublesome. Not for me, but I am concerned about my readers' comfort :)

---
"You're family, Uchiki Kaze. You carry our name since you've been with my grandchildren."
---

She didn't trust him.

Not one bit.

He was too friendlyfar too friendly.

The kind that felt too careful and too suffocating; the kind whose smile was etched onto his face in a gentle yet fabricated curve, the intent in his eyes hidden by the gleam of his glasses.

He simply too statuesque that it seemed unreal.

She didn't like it. She doesn't like it.

Stubbornly jutting out her chin with her thoughts, the girl expressed her dislike with a deep frown, fists balled on her side as she stood before her parents sitting on the couch.

"I don't want to." She said, determined.

But her mother was getting impatient, the proof solidified with the curt sigh between the woman's lips. Beside the latter, the girl's father sat as he usually would: shoulders sag and posture unrestrained, yet there was a minuscule difference in the way he held himself in. Lax, yet guarded. At eased, yet grim. Worried, but not for her.

"You have to, sweetie."

The girl nearly faltered, yet managed to hold herself together by the seams. She doesn't understand.

She doesn't understand them.

She doesn't understand. . . this.

Why.

Eating back her huff, the four-year-old threw a shrewd glance to her left, where by the corner, a man with hair the shade of walnut stood calm; the dark locks slicked back with a few rogue strands flopping against his forehead. His smile was still as friendly as she had observed before and she pursed her lips at the way the light reflected off his round glasses yet again.

Like the glow of the moon hiding its shaded areas.

Why can't they see what she was seeing?

The girl frowned to herself, setting her gaze back to her parents with a pleading look. She didn't want to work with the man. Didn't her father say not to associate herself with strangers? Well, this man was a complete strangerand he was here to help restrain her quirk! Admittedly, the word 'restrain' was foreign to her young mind and she had made that known with an owlish cock of her head earlier.

Her mother said it meant control. Put under wraps.

Order.

Her shoulders had jumped then and her opinion was made solid.

She would not allow that.

"But King said that the wind can't be controlled, that I need to just go with it because you can never bottle it. If I become one with the wind, it won't harm me!" She spread her arms, desperate. "King is teaching me enough, I don't need him!"

King || BNHA • T. ShoutoOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara