I Didnt Sign Up For This

The seven plus Nico, Reyna and Will were all in the Big House for karaoke night.

Guess who's idea it was?

Leo's and Percy's.

At first everyone was reluctant because none of them could sing but in the end they all agreed, it'll be fun right?

So everyone was there on a Friday night with mass amounts of McDonalds that Nico had brought from somewhere, seriously when did he manage to sneak in so much food?

"When did you find the time to go and get all of this?" Will asked curiously.

"I'm good at disappearing and going unnoticed," Nico stated, "plus shadow travelling comes in handy." he finished with a smirk.

"NICOOO! I told you no shadow travel until I say so."

"Yeah well it's been three weeks, I'm allowed to do what I want... If you don't want the food I can always take it back."

"Noooo!" everyone moaned.

"Fine," Will agreed, "but you better not go disappearing on me again."

"Can't make any promises, but sure." Nico said.

Everyone smiled and tucked into the food, gods fast food was the best! Delicious greasy burgers and crunchy fried: incredible! After everyone had eaten Percy jumped up off the couch and shouted: "OK everyone time for karaoke!"

Leo ran off to the other side of the room to turn on the karaoke machine.

"I've made a few adjustments so we can also play the instruments in the song so there's nowhere to hide." he declared with a mischievious face.

"Styx." everyone mumbled. How did he expect them to find the time to learn to play an instrument with their crazy lives?

"Come on it'll be fun, I'll go first." Percy suggested.

He clicked on the random button and the song 'Some nights' by Fun came up.

"Oh I love this song! Let me do it with you!" Jason shouted excitedly.

"Since we all know this song why don't we all join in as a warm up?" Annabeth suggested.

"OK."

"Wait, who's gone play the guitar?" Leo asked whilst holding up the instrument.

They all looked around at each other. None of them could play the guitar...

A large sigh was heard from the corner of the room where Nico was sitting with Reyna next to him. He was holding a medium coca cola and looking at them with a tired expression.

"I will. But only because Reyna just dared me to and I never back down from a dare." he stated, daring anyone to tell him he actually wants to do karaoke.

Leo handed the guitar over to Nico who, despite everyone believing he couldn't play the instrument, started to do some simple strumming to get a feel for the instrument.

"This is out of tune, hold on a sec." said Nico before turning some of the keys to get the right notes. After a few seconds he did a single strum and the most beautiful acoustic sound come out of the guitar.

'Wow.' everyone thought.

"Ready?" he asked.

"Yes!" They chorused and Leo first bumped the air.

"OK, Reyna you have to sing too you know." he looked at her with a smirk.

*play song above*

"Some nights I stay up cashin' in my bad luck..." Nico started to sing and everyone's jaw dropped.

How in the Hades could Nico sing so well!?

"Wow..." Will breathed out.

"I know right." Percy agreed.

"...most nights, I don't know, anymore oh..." Nico carried on with the difficult strumming and fingerstyle acoustic.

"Ohhh oh oh oh ohhh oh..." everyone started to join in with smiles on their faces.

"This is it boys this is war, what are we waiting for, why don't we break the rules already?" Jason began.

One by one all of the demigods sang whether by themselves or all together and by the end everyone once again fell silent as Nico finished with some final playing of the guitar:

"It's for the best we get our distance, oh."

(song isn't mine)