Chapter III: His Witch, Diligent

"Falsch (wrong). All of it." Ada said, throwing the papers back into the air. She placed her hands on her hips before spinning around to face Ciel, the motion causing her now clean white dress to flutter around her legs.

"Everyone has limits, Ms. Ada. I cannot simply learn an entire language in one day!" His elbow slammed onto the table as he leaned against it, the tea in his cup spilling onto the saucer plate.

She sighed and turned around to take a sip of her own tea, the aroma of rosemary and other herbs a delectable scent to her. "Fine," she muttered after placing her tea back onto the table. "We will start again tomorrow, at ten o'clock sharp. Haben Sie einen guten Tag, Herr Phantomhive (Have a good day, Mr. Phantomhive." She bowed her head before turning around, her swift walk carrying her out of Ciel's office before he could speak another word.

'I had no idea teaching a language would be so hard,' she admitted to herself as she thought of her attempt to teach the boy this evening. She had begun with trying to teach him basic greetings, but his English tongue twisted the words, making it sound like completely illiterate sounds. Her short temper did not help either. She slightly regretted the way she had left, but it wasn't like he didn't have other things to do. Her thoughts drifted towards the situation she had been put into in only a day. Her bare feet brushed against the soft carpet as she walked along the hallways, quickly getting lost in the empty manor. She couldn't help but brush her hands against the smooth walls. It had been, and still was, a bad habit of hers, touching the things that interested her; as if a brush of her hand could make the item reveal its inner secrets.

"I'm going to fall I am!"

Ada whipped her head as she saw the maid that she had first seen when coming here. Mey-Rin, she believed her name was. Seeing the girl's balance start to veer off as she tried to hold two quite large stacks of plates, Ada hurriedly ran towards her, grabbing one of the stacks before they crashed to the ground.

"Ah, thank yo-" Mey-Rin started, stopping when she caught sight of the mysterious guest. "Ms. Ada! I'm so sorry, I am!"

Ada chuckled as she blushes profusely. "Don't be sorry. You were the one who were almost injured. Where are you taking all of these plates?" She started to walk down the hall with Mey-Rin.

"Mr. Sebastian wanted these plates from the storage room to polish." she answered, her eyes focused onto the shifty pile of plates in her hands.

'Ah, Sebastian,' Ada thought to herself, her mind starting to drift once again as she thought of the demon. It was obvious as soon as she had seen him for the first time, his eyes had been unconsciously glowing a shade of iridescent pink as he so loyally guarded his... Master.

Ada returned to the land of the living as Mey-Rin walked in front of her, opening the swinging door and releasing the wonderful aroma of spices and cooking food.

"Thank you Mey-Rin," Sebastian paused as he caught sight of the German tutor, her face only showing curiosity as she scanned the food he had been preparing for dinner. "... And Ms. Ada. How gracious of you to help." He bowed slightly before taking the plates from her gasp.

Mey-Rin soon left, her face different shades of red. Ada on the other hand dusted off her hands as she meandered through the kitchen, pausing only to sniff the food.

Sebastian could not calm with her there as he started to polish the plates while simultaneously watched over the food. She was different from an ordinary human, even up to her smell. Although humans had a different variety of smells depending on their, let's say "actions," they were relatively bland. Hers on the other hand, made his nose want to twitch with the strong scent of herbs and something else he couldn't place.

"Ms. Ada," he finally spoke, her unnerving stare as he polished the plates interrupting his usual calming ritual. "If you would be so kind, I believe it is time for my Lord to have a small snack before dinner. I have already put everything on the tray, it just needs to be brought to him. Do you mind?"

Ada paused, before a small smile grew on her face. "Of course. Although I thought demons were capable of such a minuscule task. Oh well, silly me." She grabbed the tray and slipped through the door before she pushed him too far over the edge.

When she came to Ciel's office, she knocked on the door with her foot, entering without waiting for an answer. Ciel briefly looked up before frowning, although he said nothing. She placed the tray near his desk, even pouring his tea for him. She stayed silent as he took the cup, his confused face amusing Ada once again. She then turned, grabbed the first book that caught her eye, and plopped down onto the chair across from him while starting to lazily flip through the pages. She could feel his stare before he finally sighed and returned to his papers.

"That's wrong."

Ciel's head whipped up as he stared at Ada, her eyes still scanning through the book in her hands.

"Excuse me?" He muttered, his patience running thin.

She finally looked up and pointed to the documents in front of him. "That's your summary of your exports from your company, correct?" She didn't wait for him to answer as she stood up and walked around the desk, leaning over the papers. "You're overvaluing your store products in London. You should focus more on India and incorporate more of their spices into your products."

She paused and turned to look at Ciel, surprised to find him leaning back into his chair and actually seeming to consider her offers. He scanned his desk in front of him before sitting up and flipping through the other papers piled nearby.

"But where exactly would we get the spices needed? We would also have to..."

Ciel and Ada continued to talk through the night, even going to the extent of eating dinner in his office. When they finally realized how quickly time how slipped away from them, Ada sighed and leaned back into the chair that she had brought near Ciel's side of the desk. Ciel turned his chair so he was looking at the window behind him, the large moon a captivating glow.

"I have to admit, you've shown more usefulness than I expected. This will most definitely..." Ciel drifted off as he turned towards her, her chest rising softly as she slept in the chair beside him. Her face was turned towards him, expression peaceful and her face more serene than he had seen before. His hand unconsciously drifted toward her, slipping her ebony hair behind her ear.

'What am I doing?' he asked himself, firmly placing his hand back into his lap. The motion he had done both perplexed and terrified him. He sighed and turned back towards the dark nightfall, his eyes starting to lower as sleep pulled him under.

~End~

This chapter is slightly longer than the others so far, mostly because I've been having a little trouble progressing the romance. Don't worry though, things will start to progress soon! In fact, there will be a reveal in the next chapter on some of Ada's background!

I hope you enjoy this and continue reading until the end! 8(>-<)8 (^-^)