Chapter VI: His Witch, Dreaming

*Author's Note(Important!): For the plot I have chosen to progress as well as the romance, I will have to make Ciel older (similar to the picture above). I'm not sure which age exactly, but I'd like for him to be at least seventeen. Thank you for understanding. Read on!*

"Goodnight." She said to Mey-Rin as she closed the door. Night had fallen and Ada lay in her bed, the only light being the oil lamp beside her.

After their little adventure into town, they quickly returned to the manor and soon had dinner. Ada had excused herself early (much to Ciel's displeasure) and barely eaten anything in front of her (much to Sebastian's displeasure).

And now, she was finally alone to deal with what had happened with Cordula. Questions swirled through her head, and soon enough sleep overcame her.

The sound of an owl awoke her, little Ada gasping for breath as she was thrown out of her nightmare. She immediately clutched her beloved toy next to her, a black bunny with bright violet button eyes similar to hers.

"I vant Mutter.." She mumbled to herself, rubbing her eyes and crawling out of bed with her bunny. Her door was slightly open, and she followed the sliver of light before slipping through and walking towards the noise of people talking.

"My sweet angel! Ah, where have you been?"

Little Ada paused slightly as she heard the voice of her mother. Who was she speaking too?

"Good evening darling." A voice answered. The deep gruff tone of voice signaled it was a man, but the odd lilt of his accent and the shrill of his rolling r's gave no hint to little Ada as to where the person in question came from. "I've been very busy preparing, my plum. For us. Remember our promise?"

The rustling of clothes was heard as little Ada inched closer. Chills ran down her spine as his done had turned dark and seemed to separate into a variety of voices.

"Until my last breath."

She had finally reached the door, and time twisted as she stared in horror at what was before her.

Her mother was at the foot of her bed, clutching her nightgown at her chest so it wouldn't fall to the floor. Her eyes glowed an eery yellow that matched the flickering of the dying fire on the other side of the room as she stared at what held her lovingly.

"(Monster)..." Little Ada choked out.

Translucent skin stretched across bone as he stared at the woman, moving with unnatural silence. He only wore black slacks and a loose formal undershirt that was untied at the front, allowing his bare chest and prominent ribs to be visible. His charcoal hair was long enough to brush his shoulders, but not long enough to cover his eyes that held no color except for ebony, gleaming wickedly as a demon does.

He stopped right in front of little Ada's mother, muttering words as she collapsed on the bed. His hand wrapped around the nape of her neck, and his veins seemed to considerably darken and pulsate.

Little Ada's reason returned to her as she took a deep breath to scream and alert the maids, but almost choked on the air as the monster whipped his head to watch her. Tears immediately sprung to her eyes as the monster walked slowly to her, a grin on his face that stretched too far. She knew there was no use in running. He could catch up to her easily.

She swam in her terrified thoughts, not realizing that the monster had bent down to her eye level until he caressed we cheek.

Little Ada yelled and sprang back, shivering in fear.

"Now now, aren't you a pretty little thing?" It chuckled, its head twisting like a curious cat.

She whimpered, trying to fight against the darkness that was at the edge of her eyes. "I'll c-call the maids. They'll find y-you."

It chuckled again, returning its head to its natural state. It's eyes lit up excitedly as he leaned in and whispered, "How can they help you, if I've already killed them all?"

Ada gasped as she awoke, the heat in the room making her rip off the sheets and get out of bed. Her heart still beating fast, she opened her doors and ran out of her room, her fear that the monster had somehow found her fueling her feet as they padded against the carpeted halls. Her sanity and burning chest was what made her finally slow down. She didn't like how she couldn't see the end of the hallways in the darkness, so Ada opened the first doors she saw and quickly but quietly closed them behind her.

Just as she stepped away and sighed in relief the rustling of someone made her freeze.

"Sebastian?" Someone mumbled, their voice groggy from sleep.

Ada's body relaxed, but she was still doubtful. "Phantomhive?"

The movements from under the sheets froze. As Ada's eyes adjusted to the darkness, she could see Ciel's darkened figure sit up quickly.

"I'm so sorry!" She said hurriedly. Ada's sanity came to her. What in the world have I been thinking, running down the halls like a mad man? "I had a bad dream a-and meant to calm myself by taking a stroll.." Ada reached for the door, only to be stopped by Ciel's voice.

"Wait."

She slowly turned, watching Ciel as he grabbed his robe and tied it swiftly before walking to her. His eye that usually had a patch was closed, giving Ada the fleeting thought of what had happened.

"Sit down. Please." He struggled with the last word, as if he was stop tired to put up an act.

She bowed her head and sat in the chair nearest to the fire, too embarrassed to do anything else. Her usual calm facade had been shattered, leaving her with broken pieces.

When he sat down in the chair opposite of her, he had started the fire once again and slipped on a white bandage across his eye. He was looking at her like a puzzle, and she couldn't help but stare at his sharp gaze.

"Ms. Ada?"

She coughed quietly as she realized she'd been staring. "Yes?"

"What was your dream about?"

His commanding voice almost gave her no choice but to answer, but she gave him the benefit of the doubt by looking into the fire.

"The past." She said finally, sighing. "Everyone has something they wish to forget, yes?"

She took his silence as an answer.

His stare made her feel like she was a specimen, until he turned to the fire. "Not everyone runs away from it. "

She sighed in defeat as she answered. "But we are not everyone." She turned to the fire, her fingers silently drumming on the padded arm of the chair. "I've met more demons than yours, Phantomhive. We may leave it at that for now."

She could see Ciel struggling to contain himself from further questions, but finally sighed and turned to the same fire she looked at. "Ciel."

Her head turned curiously.

He looked at her again, his features somehow softened. "You may call me Ciel, Ms. Ada. "

~End~

This chapter was the longest, but it also had a lot of plot progressing! I hope that this update was quicker than the last, and more to your liking8(>_<)8. Speaking of liking...*insert cheesy joke about liking this chapter*(^-^).

Haha, seriously guys, thanks for reading my story! I recently hit a thousand views and that makes me so HAPPY!!

Continue being awesome readers!