Elementary Things

"There's a swing " Jay said stating the obvious as Bey looked at the rickety object hanging from a branch they couldn't even see from where they stood .

"Someone must've built it and forgot about " Bey shrugged as she discreetly tried to quicken her pace so they could pass the horrid object , the handmade Wooden contraption bringing back memories she'd rather forget .

"Where are you going ? Let's try it out " Jay suggested as he reached for her hand . Since when was he the adventurous one ? He didn't even want to come on the nature walk so she had to do some convincing .

"You know you're too heavy to push , you just want me to do it" Bey said dodging his hand as she made a little circle and ended up on the other side of him .

"What's up with you and swings? " He asked wondering why she always seemed scared of them . She wouldn't even let him build one for Blue for the same unknown reason . "I'm trying to be a gentleman, come on Bey . If you don't like it I won't bother you about it again " he lied as he successfully grabbed her hand .

"I have a dress on " Bey tried as they closer to the swing .

"With shorts on " Jay laughed . "I literally saw you slide some black ones on before we left " he said as he tested the strength of the swing with his hand .

"Oh wait ! There's a big dog over there , looks like we have to go back " Bey said turning on her heels before Jay pulled her back .

"That dog literally followed us here " Jay sighed

"That dog literally followed us here " Jay sighed . "You even gave him a snack " He continued .

"Fine Damn " Bey pouted . " I just don't like swings " she admitted .

"I got that part Bey , now all I need is the why" Jay said as he sat down on the ground and pulled her down into his lap . Now that he thought about it that dog didn't look so friendly but he wasn't gonna tell her that .

Cujo better stay his ass over there

"You promise you won't laugh ?" Bey Asked as she turned to face him .

"I swear " Jay said with his fingers crossed behind her back .

"You know how I didn't have friends growing up? I used to swing by myself until my mom came and got me but this one particular day these kids offered to take turns pushing me " Bey said shaking her head .

"Everything was going great until-"

"They pushed you off ?" Jay asked remembering that she wasn't popular and used to get bullied and teased . He wasn't the cutest thing in bunch growing up but at least he had friends and he'd like to think if it were possible that he would've been her friend.

 He wasn't the cutest thing in bunch growing up but at least he had friends and he'd like to think if it were possible that he would've been her friend

"I had a mouthful of dirt and a messed up Michael Jackson shirt "Bey pouted .

"That's terrible Bey. Bullying isn't funny , why would I laugh ?" Jay asked not seeing where the humor came in . He would've beat everyone one of their asses if he knew their names , they had his baby fucked up.

"Because they were kindergarteners " Bey said lowly as Jay let out a snicker .

"Bye" Bey said Putting her hand in his face before she tried to get up .

"Wait Bey , I'm sorry " Jay said still laughing. " I'm just trying to figure out how kids the size of Blue pushed you-"

"They were huge " Bey argued . "I don't know what their moms were feeding them but they were they looked like 3rd graders " Bey defended .

"Sure they did " Jay said letting her have that one . "But that's all over now , I promise I won't push you off " Jay said as he helped her climb on.

Bey held on to the ropes for dear life as she waited for him to push her . When she felt herself become airborne she shut her eyes as the fantasy of flying filled her heart with indescribable childlike happiness .

"Higher !" Bey yelled was her swing began to sway and twist , her honey gold colored hair whipping around her . After about an hour or so she brought herself to a stop and pulled her dress down .

"Your turn " Bey said holding the swing out for him to take .

"Not my style " Jay said .

"Come on . You just made it sound so great , get on " Bey said .

"We didn't even have swings in my neighborhood so I never learned " Jay said as he remembered a childhood full of either run down playgrounds or none at all . They used their imaginations for a lot .

"Please ?" Bey begged as she batted her whiskey colored eyes at him .

When he finally caved she clapped her hands and ran to grab her camera

When he finally caved she clapped her hands and ran to grab her camera .

"I want a picture " She Called Out as she grabbed her phone when she heard a loud thud.

"You okay ?" Bey laughed when she saw him laying on his back with the swing straps still in each hand .

"Don't start " Jay said as the field echoed with her laughter.

He knew he should've just walked past the swings