Chapter 8

"You shouldn't have released me." Frost said.

"Caitlin, are you there?" Cisco asked her.

"Caity can't hear you anymore. There's only Frost now." Frost said.

"No. She's still in there. The reason she let you out is because she's willing to give you a chance." Barry said.

"She kept me locked up for 20 years. I will never forgive her for that." Frost said.

"No, you two can coexist peacefully." Barry said.

"Now, I'd love to believe that, but why would I want to work with someone who's spent so much time denying I even exist." Frost said as she ice blasted them, sending them all flying to the ground, though Barry quickly recovered.

"I'd love to stay and chat, but I have a family matter to deal with." Frost said as she walked past them and out of the room.

"What did she mean a family matter?" Jay asked.

"What family does Caitlin have?" Barry asked.

"Her parents and her brother, but her brother is overseas." Cisco said.

"What about her parents?" Barry asked.

"Her father died when she was a kid. So that leaves her mother. Carla Tannhauser." Wells said.

"Any connection to Tannhauser Industries?" Jay asked.

"Carla founded the company. She and Caitlin have been estranged for years now." Cisco said.

"She's gotta be going after Carla." Barry said.

"Why? Caitlin and her mom were never that close. If this person who's taken over Cait's body has an axe to grind with her, why go after the member of her family she doesn't get along with?" Cisco asked.

"There's obviously a piece we're missing. We need to get to Tannhauser now." Barry said.

"Your suit isn't ready yet." Cisco said.

"Don't have a choice." Barry said.

"You don't have any real training with your speed." Jay protested.

"Best way to learn is by doing. Besides, I think I can stay in control long enough to get to Tannhauser." Barry said.

"You'll still need something to conceal your identity with." Wells said.

"I got that." Cisco said as he tossed Barry a red mask.

"It should work. Now go. We'll meet up with you at Tannhauser as soon as we can." Cisco said and Barry nodded as he put on the mask, which looked a lot like Jesse's, and sped out of the building.

It was pretty easy for Barry to follow Frost's trail, since it appeared she was using her ice slide.

While Barry knew he could outrun her, he couldn't risk tipping his hand on Thawne yet.

Anyways, when Barry arrived at Tannhauser Industries, he could tell that it was under attack.

"Where is Carla Tannhauser." Frost shouted as she began ice blasting computers and nonliving targets as she walked through the office until finally, she found her target.

"Caitlin." Carla said.

"No. Caitlin is gone. Not that you'd care about her anyways. Charlie was always your favorite. Do you even know who I am?" Frost asked.

"Khione." Carla said, shocking her.

"What did you call me?" Frost asked.

"I called you Khione. That's your name isn't it. The name your father gave you." Carla said.

"What would you know about him?" Frost or rather, Khione said.

"I know why you're here. You blame me for Caitlin locking you away." Carla said.

"She and I could've learned to interact together, but you encouraged her to bury me, repress me, imprison me like an animal. And then you basically turned your back on her." Khione said.

"You're right. I was a terrible mother to both of you." Carla said.

"You always favored Charlie more." Khione said bitterly, but Caitlin was equally bitter about it.

"No, that's not true." Carla denied.

"Really. Well then, I guess we'll never know." Khione said as she ice blasted her, only to have a flash of yellow lightning intercept her.

"You." Khione said as she looked at Barry who'd pulled her mother to safety.

"Cait, please, you have to stop this before the CCPD come looking for you." Barry said.

"You may have saved Carla for now, but not forever." Khione said as she unleashed an icy mist to cover her escape.