1.

Liyah pov
friday morning
September

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock, reaching turning it off, i was contemplating on if i wanted to get up for school and see another day of bullshit. i mean don't get me wrong i love my school, and my education, as well as peeping the drama around it, but sometimes i get tired of the same shit.

I stretched my body out and laid in the same spot for a few minutes. Then finally deciding to get up and start my day. I go to my closet and pick out this new outfit i bought some months back. some orange sweats from Fashion Nova and a black shirt with a pair of grey and orange Yeezy's.

I then turn the shower on, and adjust the knob all the way to hot, step in and start doing my shower routine. After that i brush my teeth, got dressed then curl my hair up.

staring at myself in the mirror i ran my hand across the long term bruises and cuts on my arms and neck, and start to reminisce.. finally shaking that thought off i cover my neck up with concealer and continued with my day.

i began walking down the hall to my kitchen of my two bedroom apartment out in Jacksonville, Florida. i'm 18 living by myself, bought most of the things i own with my moms help. going to work almost everyday after-school except for the weekends, yes i was doing the damn thing.

I never had it all growing up, but my mama did bust her ass and try to give us any and everything we wanted. and now i work hard and bust my ass everyday making it up to her as well as providing for myself, and paying all my bills, and it's hard but i got this with God's help.

 and now i work hard and bust my ass everyday making it up to her as well as providing for myself, and paying all my bills, and it's hard but i got this with God's help

Summer Walker's, Say my Name started to play from my phone looking at it seeing my best friend Shania calling, i answered it.

"Heyyyy bitch, where you at?" Shania yelled through the phone

"Girl i'm on my damn way, quit with all dat yelling" i rolled my eyes as i locked my apartment up, and started walking to my 2017 Honda Civic.

one thing i hated was somebody yelling early in the damn morning, prime example ratchet ass females at school. like who the fuck wants to hear y'all loud mouth asses yell this early ?

"i forgot, fuck you tho, but i'll see you when you get here byeee!" she said playfully. then hung up.

that girl is my everything, no matter what we been through, we've been close ever since i moved here. and no matter what my bestfriends gon always be my #1, i'll tear anybody up for dat one and that's just that.

she's crazy as hell but, i've never had to question her loyalty the 4 years we've been bestfriends.

i connected my bluetooth to my car and started to play my playlist "Ballin'' by Roddy Rich started playing and i rapped along and started to dance.