Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades

A few months later, I went back to the doctor, and this time Ashley came along with me. Today we were going to find out the sex of the baby and see how the baby was doing. “Well the baby is healthy and developing normally like it should be. Would you like to know the sex of the baby?” Dr. Andrews asked us. “Yes that would be great.” I said smiling. “Well it looks like you will be having a little girl. Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Purdy” he said. “Oh really? Oh my god that’s great! I have always wanted a daughter.” Ashley said kissing my forehead as Dr. Andrews cleaned up my stomach. After we left the doctor’s office, we texted everybody the news that we we’re having a baby girl. We decided that we were going to get started on the nursery for our daughter right away, so we got the paint, crib, and some of the things that we needed but not all of the stuff because Sammi insisted that she was going to throw me a baby shower.

                The guys and Sammi, Becca, Meaghan, and Ella came over to help us paint our daughter’s room and I just sat and watched tv since I couldn’t breathe in the paint fumes for the safety of the baby. It took them a few hours just to get everything done, but by 5pm, everything was done. “Hey babe come look at the room! It looks great!” Ashley called out to me. When I came to look at the room, I couldn’t believe what I saw. The room was painted a deep purple with a blood red trim around the room. Over the crib, her name, Noel Angelica Purdy was painted in red cursive with the BVB star painted on both sides of the names. “Wow guys this is gorgeous! Nice job! Once I get the rest of the baby stuff, this is going to look amazing.” I said smiling.”Well I’m glad you like it, and don’t worry, your baby shower is going to be amazing. You don’t have to worry about anything. I’ve got it all planned out. All you have to do is show up.” Sammi said grinning.

~Two Weeks Later~

                Today was my baby shower. The guys were hanging at my house, and I was heading over to Becca and Andy’s house, since that Sammi and Becca agreed to have it there. When I arrived, everything was covered in pink and purple, and all of my friends were there.”You did such an amazing job! Thanks for throwing me a baby shower Sammi. I wasn’t expecting this at all.” I said tearing up a bit. “It’s not a problem! I know you didn’t want one, but I just wanted to make sure you had one last celebration before Noel is born.” Sammi said hugging me. We ate, and I opened presents and I got so much stuff. I got clothes, stuffed animals, paintings and pictures, and lots and lots of diapers.” Thanks for coming everybody. It means the absolute world to me and I already know that Noel is loved very much.” I said with tears in my eyes. When I got home, the guys helped me put the stuff I got away, and we just relaxed the rest of the day. “The baby is kicking in the same spot. I think she might be either a ninja or a soccer player.” I said giggling and rubbing my stomach to calm her down.

                A few months later, it was about one in the morning, when all of a sudden, my pants felt wet.” Ew babe what the fuck? Did you wet the bed or something?”Ashley asked me. “No asshole my water broke. We have to get to the hospital right now.”I said irritated. I quickly changed pants, while Ashley grabbed my hospital bag, and texted everybody to meet us at the hospital.  “Fuck Ashley can’t you drive fucking faster?!” I asked him annoyed. “And have us get into a car accident? No way babe now just do your breathing exercises. We are five minutes away from the hospital now.”Ashley said calming me down. After we got to the hospital, I entered my room and changed into my hospital gown. I was having really bad contractions, so I knew that it was a sign that I was about to have my daughter very soon. Twenty minutes later, I gave birth to my daughter, and it was the most beautiful yet emotional moment that I have ever been through. She looked so much like me, but had Ashley’s eyes and his smile. “Here Ashley hold your daughter.” I said handing Noel to him. He looked so cute holding her, and it hit me, I finally had a family. I had a loving husband, and now I had a daughter, and I felt compete.

~Four Years Later~

                “Mommy….daddy… wake up!! I’m turning four today!” Noel squeaked shaking us awake. “We’re up sweetheart. Happy birthday! What would you like to do today?” I asked smiling at her. “I want to play with my friends.” Noel said smiling. “Ok sounds good. I’ll call everybody over and we will have a little get together.” Ashley said grabbing his phone. Thirty minutes later, everybody came over, and brought their kids. Andy and Becca brought their daughter Michelle, Jinxx and Sammi brought their twins Lia and Renee, Meaghan and CC brought their daughter Luna, and Jake and Ella brought their son Mitchell. Seeing all of our kids running around and playing together, made me think about how much my life has changed. I had a rough childhood, met the love of my life, and had an amazing daughter. Life couldn’t be better, and I know that this was just the beginning. I didn’t know if Ashley and I would have anymore kids, or where our life was going to head next, but I was ready to take life head on, and I knew I wouldn’t be alone because I had my, friends, my new family, and a husband and daughter that loved me unconditionally.

Well guys that’s it!! I want to thank everybody that, read, left me a comment, voted, and added my story to their favorites, and everybody that has fanned me. I’m going to be taking a month long break from writing, and I will be working on the sequel when my break is done. I love you guys so very much from the bottom of my heart. If you miss my writing badly, feel free to check out my other stories, I promise you they are just as good as Purdy Love. Anyway I’m rambling so look out for the sequel in a month! XOXO, Kristan