The best thing that has ever been mine

There have been a few requests for some AMA's fluff so, enjoy :)

American Music Awards - November 2019

"Hey you," Karlie says as soon as the call connects and Taylor hears her voice a few seconds before her smiling face fills the screen.

"Hey yourself," Taylor says, keeping her phone up away from the water as she relaxes in the bathtub after a long day of rehearsals, her free hand making sure she's decently covered by bubbles.

"God, I miss you," Karlie says and she can't keep the pout from her face at all the skin those bubbles are hiding.

"You're just saying that because you're stuck in New York," Taylor teases with a quick glance at her phone and she can see that Karlie's moving around their apartment, turning off lights as she goes. The feed shakes when she goes up the stairs and Taylor ends up looking at the ceiling for a few seconds as Karlie hops onto their bed and settles with a long sigh.

"I don't want to talk about that," Karlie says but her weary tone has given way to a wide smile that mirrors Taylor's when her face comes into focus again. "How was your day?"

"Exhausting," she says, sinking further down in the bathtub and reaching for her glass of white wine to take a sip.

"How did rehearsals go?" Karlie asks shifting sit up in bed and holding the phone close to her face. "Was Misty there?"

"Yep, she was, we did a full run through of everything. She and Craig were great."

"I can't wait to see it."

Taylor smiles before the words really register and then she focuses on Karlie, eyes narrowing in suspicion. "Just the ballet routine?"

"Mainly that, but also you," Karlie teases, laughing softly.

"I'm jealous," Taylor pretends to be insulted, faking a spectacular pout that just makes Karlie smile softer at her.

"I'm kidding."

"I know."

"I am seriously excited for the ballet though."

"I knew I didn't have any reason to be worried," Taylor says, trying to keep the smile off her face and choosing to tease Karlie a little bit.

"You were worried?" Karlie says which is not what Taylor had wanted her to focus on. "Aw, honey."

"I mean, she's hot and a professional ballet dancer, she can obviously fill a void that I can't," Taylor muses aloud even though they both know she's just teasing for the sake of it.

Taylor knows she's phrased that poorly the moment Karlie's eyes go wide and Taylor can practically see the delight vibrating out of her even through her iPhone screen.

"Don't even—," she tries preemptively but Karlie's smile is manic. "I meant that you can talk about dance and stuff!"

"While she fills my void?"

Taylor groans and sinks further down in the tub but her cringing is considerably shortened by how much she enjoys hearing Karlie laugh.

"Don't worry baby, nobody but you is filling this void," Karlie says shooting her an exaggerated wink to make her point.

"Karlie!" Taylor whines.

"What? It's true!"

"That's not what I meant and you know it!"

Karlie's mouth snaps shut as she just stares at her screen with a guilty smile, and it's incredibly endearing how she seems to cuddle even further in bed, half her face smushed by the pillow and only one eye and half a smile staring back at Taylor.