Cupcakes & Celebrations

May 2019

"I missed you this morning," Taylor whispers as she relaxes back into Karlie's arms, dropping her head back to rest on Karlie's shoulder. 

Karlie just hums in agreement as she presses a soft kiss to Taylor's cheek, arms tightening around Taylor's waist in an attempt to pull her closer. 

"I missed you too. I had an early workout and then a shoot straight after. I was going to wake you, but you looked so cute," Karlie says capturing Taylor's lips in a deep kiss that ends all too soon for Taylor's liking. 

Taylor frowns, tries to turn in Karlie's arms so that she can move in again to keep kissing her but Karlie takes a step backwards and holds her at arm's length. Karlie's resolve almost crumbles at the deep-set pout on Taylor's face and she'd like nothing more than to kiss that petulant look away but she steps even further away until she's no longer touching Taylor.

"I got something for you," Karlie says backing away until she reaches the counter behind her. 

"Oh?" Taylor asks, voice raspy even after she clears her throat. 

"Mmm-hmm," Karlie nods. "Close your eyes?" 

Taylor is about to protest but the hopeful smile on Karlie's face is enough to stop her in her tracks. 

"What is it?" Taylor can't resist asking, listening intently as Karlie rustles a bag on the counter.

"Well, if I told you that it might ruin the surprise," and that's enough for Taylor to know that she would be rolling her eyes if they weren't already closed. 

Finally satisfied with her surprise Karlie leans in and whispers that she can open her eyes now and Taylor can't fight the shiver that runs down her back as Karlie's lips brush the skin of her ear. Taylor opens her eyes and Karlie produces a salted caramel butterscotch cupcake and a copy of Time Magazine from behind her back with a flourish. 

Taylor can't fight the smile that overtakes her face at the sight of the cupcake topped with a tiny 100 sparkling candle and the gorgeous girl grinning at her from behind it.

"What's this for?" Taylor asks leaning in for a lazy kiss.

"We're celebrating," Karlie mumbles against her lips between kisses.

"It's not everyday that your fiancée gets recognised by Time Magazine you know," Karlie says with a lopsided smile that Taylor loves so much, and her thumb is gentle on Karlie's chin as she guides her lips back to hers. 

Karlie giggles softly but quickly gives in to Taylor, kissing her deeply and letting her free hand come up to cradle Taylor's face. 

Karlie pauses, pulls away enough to meet Taylor's eyes with a determined look. "Stop trying to distract me and blow out your candle."

"You didn't have to get me anything baby," Taylor says as she smiles shyly at Karlie before doing as she's told. 

"I love you so much and I am so, so proud of you baby, you know that?" Karlie says setting the cupcake and magazine down on the counter beside Taylor and using her newly freed hands to wrap her arms fully around Taylor, pressing kisses to her temple. 

Taylor can feel herself blush and she wonders how she will manage to get through an entire Gala celebrating this particular achievement when a cupcake from her girl is nearly enough to overwhelm her. 

Taylor is grateful for the fact that no matter how publicly she gets to celebrate some of her proudest successes, it's moments like these that will always mean the most to her and she can't help but smile at just how well Karlie knows her.

"You're one of the 100 best people in the entire world, it's official, can you believe?" Karlie whispers and she feels the snort that bubbles out of Taylor's mouth from where it's tucked against the skin of her neck.

Taylor pulls back and reaches up to tuck a strand of short blond hair back behind Karlie's ear before resting her forehead gently against Karlie's. "First of all, you've been watching too much Queer Eye, and second of all, you know that's not exactly what it's for?" Taylor asks.

"There's no such thing as too much Queer Eye Taylor," Karlie just hums as she presses herself closer and lifts Taylor on to the counter top before kissing her again. 

Taylor responds by locking her ankles around Karlie's waist where she's standing between her legs.

Karlie slips her tongue between her lips and Taylor groans when she presses down against her. 

Taylor kisses her, tongue exploring every inch of her mouth, until Karlie pulls back breathlessly.

"You know you would definitely be in my top 100 people in the world, right?" Karlie asks and Taylor blinks at her for a second before remembering what they had been talking about.

"Top 100, huh?" Taylor asks a slow smile spreading across her lips.

Karlie just nods her head as Taylor drapes her arms around Karlie's shoulders.

"And where exactly would I feature on this list?" Taylor asks before pressing her lips to Karlie's again.

"I couldn't possibly say," she feels Karlie mumble against her lips.

Taylor tilts her head as she deepens the kiss and slides a hand up to play with the soft hair at the base of Karlie's neck. 

Karlie's hands slip under the bottom of Taylor's shirt and rest against the soft skin of her back. "I mean you'd be in the top 50 for sure," Karlie says and she's smiling too wide for Taylor to kiss her properly anymore.