Ski Ball Soulmates

Izuku's P.O.V

Either one of us could win at this point. We were both tied, 2:2 and had no idea what to play next. It was my turn to choose but after today, I wasn't sure if I could win against him. We had talked about it the night before but we couldn't decided on a game. "Well, it was your choice last time so I get to go this time." Todoroki reasoned, changing his clothes to an oversized hoodie going down to his knees. "But that's not fair. You would get to choose three times and I did two." I said, pouting but having no idea what I would choose if it was my choice. "It has to be like that. If we have an even amount of games, we could be tied like we are now."

"How about you choose tomorrow. I don't know what to choose." He yawned, sliding into bed. "Okay. I'll decide tomorrow." I said, sliding into bed beside him. I had no clue what we should play. After today, we didn't have to stick to the arcade machines and could do any game which opened up a whole new spectrum of games. Thinking back to the games we had done and what we had I still had no clue what our last game should be. I wanted to win this. I really did. But what would I do after that. I was so busy with winning I didn't get to choose a dare. I couldn't decide on anything for tomorrow. Hopefully I could think of something before he does. Hopefully I win.

Waking up in the morning, I didn't get much sleep the night before. I still had no clue what I was going to play. I didn't have a date prepared. I didn't even know if I would win. Throwing on a grey sweat shirt, I through on my oversized high waisted jeans pulling a belt to keep the jeans where I want them. Fixing my hair, I brush out the curls, running my hands through them making it fluffy. Walking to Sho, I shook him awake. Groaning, he sat up out of bed, his long hair sticking up random white strands mixing with the red. "Good morning." I said, ready for what the day would bring us. "Good morning. Have you come up with a game to play today?" He asked, pushing the covers off his body and grabbing his bag. "Not yet but I'll think of it soon." "Okay. I'll be in the shower." He said, closing the door behind him.

Making my bed, I cleaned up the room putting dirty clothes in the hamper and making my bed. Once my room was decently cleaned, Todoroki came out of the shower, dressed in an MTV shirt and black ripped jeans, his wet hair dripping wet. "Do you wanna get breakfast somewhere?" He asked, pulling his hair into a messy bun. "That sounds good." I said, grabbing my wallet and phone. "Do you know of any places around here? I used to eat at home and we didn't go out much." Thinking for a moment, I remembered one cafe I had been to a few times. "There's a cafe around here. I would go after school but I haven't been in a while." I said, opening the door gesturing him outside. "What's it called?" "Oh, it's Skyline Cafe. There is this really sweet lady who runs the place. I've seen a few of my classmates there before."

Walking to the cafe, we make it inside sitting at a small booth a waitress handing us two menus. "What looks good to you?" I asked looking up at his intense stare from the menu. "The blueberry pancakes and sunny side up eggs with strawberry milk. What about you?" Looking back at the menu my eyes catch what I would usually order. "A chocolate chip waffle and a side of hash browns with chocolate milk." Pushing my menu to the side, the waitress comes back over. "Have you decided on an order or do you need more time?" "I think I know what I want. Can I get the chocolate chip waffles with a side of hash browns and chocolate milk." I said with a smile. "Of course. And you sir?" She said, turning to Todoroki. "I'll have the blueberry pancakes, sunny side up eggs and a strawberry milk." He said, grabbing the menus. The woman took them from his hands before saying a small 'of course' and leaving through a door to the kitchen.

Talking for a bit, we wait for the food to arrive. "Have you decided on a game to play?" He asked, sliding a small container or jam on the table from one hand to the other. Staring at his hands for a second, a game comes to mind. "What about Ski-Ball?" I asked, thinking back to the first game we played when he showed up. We were both pretty good at it with similar scores. "Sounds fun to me. Prepare for the worst dare you've ever had." He smirked, ready for a challenge. "Same goes for you."

Our food came a little after we decided what game to play. The hash browns were perfectly cooked and the waffle was soft and fluffy with the chocolate chips giving it a nice sweetness. "These are really good." Todoroki said, grabbing another's forkful of pancakes, his eggs already gone. Grabbing my fork, I pull a piece of the pancake away from the plate and shove it in my mouth. "It is pretty good. Not as good as mine though." I smiled, my mouth still full with pancakes. Taking his chance, he grabs some of my waffle with his fork and puts in in his mouth. "I disagree. My pancakes are better." He said, going back to his food. "Whatever you say doll."

Walking back to the arcade, my hopes were down. Was I really able to win this? What would his dare be? He seemed to already have it figured out. What would my dare be? "What's got you so worried?" He asked noticing how quiet I was being. "Just thinking about who would win." I stated, making it back to the arcades and walking to the Ski-Ball machine after getting our coins. "It will obviously be me." Putting a coin in the machine, ten balls roll towards me through the little slot on the side. Grabbing one, I roll it down the path, the ball landing in the 2,000 hole. Not where I was aiming but better than 1,000. I kept rolling the balls down the pathway, Todoroki joining in shortly after me. Rolling the rest off the balls down the path, I made it into more gaining a rhythm. My final score was 16,000 Todoroki's being 14,000. I was dong better. Hopefully it would stay like this.

Putting our scores into my phone, we continue the games until we are too tired to continue and agree to stop. "Add up the scores. I wanna know who won." He said impatiently, jumping up and down a little on his toes. "Okay, your score is 783,000. Let me add up mine." I said, hoping I could beat a score like that. Adding up my points, it looked like I was about to pass it and I did. Kind of. "My score is 783,00 too." I said, wondering what we would do. "No, you calculated something wrong let me try." He said, grabbing the phone from my hands. Going through our scores, he adds them up on his phone and gets the same results. "What are we gonna do? Every time we play a game one of us gets ahead then the other catches up afterwards."

"I guess we both get a dare. Does that seem fair to you?" He asked, scratching the back of his neck. "Yeah. You do yours first though. I still don't know what mine will be-" before I could finish my sentence, he grabbed my sweatshirt and pulled me into a kiss. Closing my eyes, I enjoy it letting soft tingles take over my body. Pulling away, we pry our eyes open slowly, my face heating up and looking down. "I know you think it's a dare but listen. After these few days, I've grown closer to you and you made me feel special. I had this idea since yesterday and was hoping I would win. I guess I got my dare. It's your turn now. What's your dare for me?"

"Kiss me again."

The End