Adoption Meeting

"Hello dear! I'm Mrs. Seagreen." a perky young lady greeted the little girl. 

    CeCe didn't respond.

    "You're CeCe, right?" she asked. 

    She nodded. 

    "So tell me something about yourself," Mrs. Seagreen instructed playfully. 

    CeCe didn't respond. 

    "Well, what's your favorite color?" Mrs. Seagreen suggested. 

    CeCe didn't respond. 

    "That's okay, dear. We're all a little shy sometimes. Do you think you could answer a few questions about your relationship with Mr. Edward Williams?"

    CeCe nodded. 

    "When you're around Mr. Edward Williams, do you feel safe?" she asked. 

    CeCe nodded. 

    "Has he ever made you feel unsafe?"

    CeCe shook her head. 

    "Has he ever hurt you or threatened to hurt you in any way?" 

    CeCe shook her head. 

    "Is there anything you'd like to say? It doesn't have to be about Mr. Edward Williams." she inquired. 

    CeCe shook her head. 

    "Keep in mind that this is a safe environment. No one has to hear anything you say if you don't want them to hear it." she added, "So there's nothing you'd like to say?"

    She thought about it for a moment. "I want him to adopt me." 

    The woman smiled. "Would it be okay if I wrote down that you said that?" she questioned. 

    CeCe nodded. 

    "Wonderful, dear. Thank you." She smiled. "So you're aware that if he adopts you, you'll be living with him permanently."

    CeCe nodded eagerly. A bright grin appeared on her face. 

    "Are you excited?" she inquired. 

    CeCe nodded frantically.