Potential Adoption

"What's the matter, poppet?" the giant Englishman glanced down at the small human cupped in his palms. The little thing wrapped her arms around his thumb and wouldn't let go despite his finger waggles.

"I don't wanna go," CeCe whimpered.

"What are you on about?" Edward nudged her backside.

"I don't wanna go. They won't want me." she muttered.

He had found the little thing on the giant's side of the border. She would've made a good snack if she hadn't have been crying so much. He'd never know what exactly led up to that moment, but the little thing wailing that she had lost her parents painted a whole story for him. During that night, he had felt pity, maybe even guilt, for the first time in awhile. He'd taken her out of the cold and into his home.

It was hard for a giant to come in contact with a human foster home agency, but he eventually scheduled a meeting with one. They were ultimately shocked and panicked since he forgot to mention that he was a giant, but once he kidnapped them and prevented their escape, all went smoothly from there.

He was gonna ditch the little thing with the agency, but he had gotten attached, and apparently, she had too. He called the agency and asked if he could house her until she found the proper home. They agreed. Evidently, the little thing cried everyday and begged to go back home with him. It became unbearable, unruly, and unmanageable.

"You don't know that," he reassured her.

"They never want me," she frowned.

When around strangers, she varied from two states: quiet or emotional. It was hard to bond or deal with a child that was always either crying or refusing to speak to you. No one had the attention span to slowly ease her out of her comfort zone.

Only he seemed to have the patience for her. If the little thing didn't want to talk, then they just sat together while he worked or watched TV. If the little thing looked sad or started crying, then he'd cup her in his hands and hold her close until she was content. If she decided to talk, then he talked back.

"Not yet," he admitted, "But maybe if you tried talking to them, then they'd get to know you better."

She didn't respond, only wrapped herself tighter around his thumb.

"I know, I know. It's out of your comfort zone, but please try for me." he begged.

She nodded.

"Thanks, poppet," he purred, "I bet they'll love you just as much as I do."