9

It was once again, a day or two since the lengthy late-night conversation that was shared between Klaus and Luna

It was once again, a day or two since the lengthy late-night conversation that was shared between Klaus and Luna. It was once again nighttime, and it was one of those nights that Luna for some reason, missed Klaus. She wanted to talk to him all the time, see him all the time, and it was becoming a craving for Luna. That scared Luna.

Luna, because she missed Klaus decided to call him again. It went well the last time that she had initiated the call and she expected the same to happen this time. Though, when she got the call, Klaus answered with a shout,

"What?!" Klaus shouted in anger. This immediately caused the shy girl to cower in fear she was scared of the tone of his voice. This made Luna close herself off from Klaus, and the progress that he had made was about to be shattered. 

Klaus, on the other hand, did not realize who was on the other side of the phone. He had just found out that something was wrong with the hybrids that he was creating. They were all dead, and Stefan was out trying to go kill Ray, with a werewolf bite on his arm. 

Klaus had answered the phone not knowing that Luna was the one to call him. He answered in a way that he would always answer to anyone, but he had never spoken to Luna in this manner. 

 As soon as Klaus had said this, he heard heavy breathing on the other side of the phone. When he took his phone away from his ear to see who has called, his eyes widened. It was Luna, his little moon. 

"Little Moon-" Klaus tried to say. Though, before he could even begin to apologize for the manner at which he answered her, she had already cut the call.

Not many people had spoken to her in that way, the only person that she could think of was her recently deceased mother. She had died from a drug overdose about a year and a half ago, and she was the one who caused Luna to act this way. 

When Klaus had spoken to her in that way, with such hatred, it took her back to when she was with her mother. The fear that she felt everyday whenever she came home from school.

No one in the school had questioned her about this, about the shyness and the slip of a few bruises. Everyone had chosen to mind their business, not paying attention to the girl who was nobodies friend.

Luna rushed to her journal, and then she began to write. She wrote about how she thought that Klaus, or Nik, would be someone that she could find comfort in. She wrote about the manner that he spoke to her, and how she had lost some of her trust in him.

Her heart was telling her that Klaus had not meant what he had said. That he was not someone who would speak to her like that, and her heart still had hope that Nik was a great guy. Though, it was becoming difficult for Luna to forget about what Klaus had said.

Farther away, Klaus was attempting to call Luna, to apologize, and after the tenth voicemail that he had left her, he had given up. He thought that he had lost the only good thing in his life at the moment, and that made Klaus' heart ache in guilt and pain.