Rose

Chapter 14: Rose

New York was full of life with its constant crowded streets; people rushing to get one place to another and of course, the repetition of car horns that were followed by a yelling driver or passenger. It was mid-day, people clustered along the sidewalks dressed in suits or on the phone making a business call. It was a big difference from Mystic Falls or Forks and Bella was mesmerized by it. Like a child, Bella was pressed up against the widows as her brown eyes soaked in all of this new scenery, causing Damon to chuckle.

"You never have been in the big city before have you?" Damon asks besides Bella. They were currently in the back of taxi cab.

"Believe it or not, no." Bella admitted, "I mean sure I travelled around a lot with my mom and Phil, but we never stayed long to sight see. That and Port Angela's, which really doesn't count if you live nearby."

Damon smirked, "Well in that case, welcome to New York City, the city of life."

Bella rolled her eyes, even if Damon was sometimes an asshole, he was kind of nice. He had this side to him, a good side that he never really let anyone see. Bella though was seeing it now, and it made her rethink her opinion on Damon- but it would be short lived because Bella knew Damon would fuck it up somehow.

"What are the plans for the day then?" Bella inquired, tearing her gaze from the window and giving Damon her full and utter attention.

"Depends on what you want to do. We have the bars, nightclubs, sightseeing – even though I've seen everything here and let me tell you that the statue of Liberty isn't what it's made out to be."

Bella groaned, "No more drinking. The last hangover was enough- besides, I need to stay sober so I can remember this trip."

Damon gave Bella a suggestive smirk, "Oh, I can make this trip worth remembering if that's what you really want."

Bella rolled her eyes, "No thank you Damon, I'd rather choke on vodka."

"I could give you something else to choke on."

Bella scrunched up her nose in disgust, "Not that kind of girl Damon."

Damon chuckled, "Oh I know Isabella. I just love to rile you up is all."

"Asshole." Bella muttered.

"Come on, tell me that wasn't funny."

"Okay, it wasn't funny."

"Buzz kill. You're turning into a broody Bella. Don't be that type of person, look at Stefan for example."

Bella sighed in annoyance. At first she was enjoying Damon's company but now all she wanted to do was make him shut the hell up. So she did, doing a simple spell and then he was quietly glaring at her. Giving Damon her own smirk, Bella laughed in victory.

"Now you can't talk, and won't be talking until we get somewhere." Bella says just as her phone let out a shrill ring. Checking the caller I.D, Bella saw Stefan's name. Answering she undid the spell on Damon, "Hello? Stefan? What happened because I know this isn't a curtesy call."

"It isn't Bella. Something happened last night at the Masquerade Ball. You know the one both you and Damon told Mayor Lockwood you'd go to."

"Oops, it totally slipped my mind." Bella sheepishly admitted. She'd been hung-over anyway.

"Yeah well Katherine is back in town, and has the moon stone-"

"What the hell is a moonstone?" Bella asked bluntly.