Part 2

Someone had picked me up from my state on the floor, my eyes opened a fraction and nearly opened in surprise, it was Orlando. My face was turned inwardly into his chest I could smell fresh coffee and ... strawberries. He was taking me somewhere, I clutched on tightly he chuckled softly;

"I know your awake, Topolino" he said

I opened my eyes out of my feigned slumber, his kindly face turned to me. I hope he didn't notice the flush that was tainting my cheeks and my heart thudding in my chest;

"Where am I going?"

"To my room, I've got to dress your wounds up" his voice was a deep baritone, rich and dark like chocolate

He was holding me so tightly against his chest that I couldn't break free, even if I wanted to. A few moments later and he was loosing his grip and putting me onto one of the chairs in his room, he walked over to a little cabinet and pulled out a little green suitcase with a white cross emblazoned on the front, he opened it and rummaged around throwing bit's of plasters away. He quickly found some antiseptic and some cotton wool that was the same colour as his hair he dabbed the cotton with the liquid and applied it to my arm, I hissed in pain as wiped away the smeared blood he was so gentle and never asked questions about how I managed to get it, in a way I wanted him to ask so those brown eyes would take pity on me. He had found a roll of bandages and carefully encased my arm in the papery material. We never talked, I imagined it was because I was a servant it would make sense my dream of becoming one with a will of my own was taken away, and this beautiful stranger made me want change, for something better and different a chance to feel something for another person that wasn't devised or planned for their own convenience, equality not power of wealth. In a way I admired him for not speaking, because of his place as the prime minister of Italy it would seem inappropriate to conversing with someone so much below him in stature and importance. I wasn't loved. That pang of knowledge sent me into a state of depression and I hadn't realized that the man had finished. I unseated myself from the chair, thanked Orlando and went back to my own quarters underneath.