12~ listen before i go p.t. 1

Naomi

~

"Duck,"

"Duck,"

"Goose!"

I tapped Ruby's head as she leaped up and ran around the living room. I chased her gradually with an evil smile on my face. Max sat criss-cross on the ground like he was before with his head tucked in his lap. Screaming along with his sister.

On the weekends I sometimes take care of my neighbor's kids. She's too nice for me not to do anything for her and she's covered my back more times than I can count. Especially on Billie and I's anniversaries, she'd always look out for me whenever Billie was coming down the hallway. I made these sweet surprises for her every year.

It was always something different every time but what made it special was that we tried something different and she doesn't ever expect it, even when it became an annual thing. I loved seeing her big genuine beautiful smile every single time she walked through our apartment door. Whether the new things we did were a fun way to spend time together or sexually. We just focused on loving each other. Plus Billie never disappoints when it comes to sex.

Our 4 year anniversary is officially today and I have the rather ultimate gift/surprise for Billie. She'll start crying when I tell her. That's how well I know Billie. Enough to know how she'd react. We've always been in one place together. It didn't matter because we were together doing anything and everything. I thought this year might be different if we just try something completely new. Also cause I got a raise.

I heard a couple of gentle knocks on the front door after a bunch of screams from the kids. I quickly unlock the door and run back over to Ruby and Max as I attack them with a bunch of tickles. Billie walks through the door with her big smile and pearly white teeth. I mentally squeal at her adorableness. She puts down her bag and skips to my side.

"Hey, mamas. You takin' care of the neighbor's kids again?" Billie wraps her arms around my shoulders and plasters kisses around my face. The kids hold on to my sides as they watch our conversation.

"Yeah, but I made you some lunch in case you were hungry!" I smile back at the love she's giving me. I play with the ends of her hair and adjust her few chains. I receive a smile back from her when she realizes she's blushing.

"Thank you, babe! I am a bit hungry anyway but I love you so much." Billie giggles before letting me go to walk over to the front of the couch.

"I love you t-" I glance at her with furrowed eyebrows at the thought of her being really happy all of a sudden. It's not shocking to me that she's extra happy today. It is our anniversary but I just didn't think she could ever get this happy. Guess I never truly realized her emotions as much as I thought I did.

"Forever and always." I wink at her when she ruffles Max's hair. He smiles back at her and cuddles me closer. I throw my head back with my eyes focused on the ceiling light. I gaze into it for a bit before I feel tiny hands push down on me. I close my eyes before opening them back up to a chubby face looking back at me.

"What you doing, Nini?" I've found that it's complicating for a 6-year-old to understand how to say certain things, such as names so I gave them a couple of things that they could call me, instead of struggling to say my full name. I find it cute anyway when they say my nickname with a smile.

"Oh I'm just tired, that's all, Rubes!" I give them names too so they feel like we're best friends. I like to be closer to children because they give me so much peace and they're just so wholesome. Others would say the complete opposite but kids love me so I'm alright.